36: ON YOUR ACCOUNT👧

.
.
.
.
.

...36...

ON YOUR ACCOUNT👧

The moment the emperor left the bedroom, she rested her head and sighed softly. Her back was killing her in this position, but she would rather lie like this than face down. Actually, she had requested this position so that she could look up the face of the beast. She doubted that he had come running just to see her, but she was happy that he was actually there, by her side when she had awoken. A knock came on the door of the bedroom. She turned in the direction of it, wondering if the physician had actually gotten there.

'Who seeks me?' she asked in a voice that was loud enough for the other party behind the closed door to hear her very clearly.

'It is I, My Lady,' came Vura's voice from behind the closed door.

'Both,' she heard Vura say. 'You should say the both of us.'

'Is this the time to argue about such a thing Xiera?' she heard the other scold her counterpart. She heard more inaudible whispering and quickly spoke up before they would turn their argument into a full blown fight.

'Come in the two of you,' she ordered them. 'And please leave your spat at the door,' she instructed.

'Yes My Lady,' came Xiera's voice, and then the door to the bedroom opened slowly and carefully. They came into the bedroom then with worried looks and smiles on their faces.

'My Lady!' they both curtsied, standing afore her.

'Welcome the both of you,' she said to them, studying them to see if they were okay. She breathed in relief when she was sure that they looked pretty much okay.

'Thank you My Lady,' Vura said in answer to that.

'Are you alright My Lady? Are you feeling better today?' Xiera asked her. She smiled at her worried aide.

'My Lady, is your fever gone?' Vura followed the question of her comrade with the same amount of worry.

'Other than the pain in my back -which is killing me- i'm fine,' she assured them.

'I am glad My Lady,' Vura responded with a smile. Xiera turned to her then with an offended expression.

'Did not I tell you that it is the both of us?' Xiera whispered to her comrade who stared at her. 'You should say we and not I Vura.'

'Why are you bringing this up again? What is your problem?' she asked her too in a whisper.

'It is not I with the problem Vura, it is you. You are too self centered. That is your problem,' she argued.

'What are you saying? Why are you looking for a fight?' she asked her. It was obvious that she was fast getting annoyed with the matter.

'Who is looking for a fight? Who is doing that?'

'Is it not-'

'Did not I tell you to leave your spat outside of the bedroom?' she asked them, cutting their senseless fight short. They turned to her.