29: I AM AFFIANCED TO HIM💍

.
.
.
.
.

...29...

I AM AFFIANCED TO HIM💍

For the whole of that day, they had neither lunch nor dinner, no food and no water as commanded by Princess Hera-Mera. They stayed by their Lady's side till the morrow, unable to do a thing except sleep, watch over her and absolutely nothing else. The dawn broke with their Lady looking sick. Vura checked her thoroughly and discovered that she was running a high fever. She suspected that the Lady's untreated wounds were to blame for the symptom. The Princess must have applied some sort of thing to the whip before using it to cause her lady unbearable pain. Xiera called for help from the guards who ignored them totally. It was Hayeesha who came in, having bribed the guards on duty. She brought them snacks that she could carry, medicine and ointment. The Lady didn't speak, just hurdled by the wall, with closed eyes. The maid left after a few minutes. Xiera tried to coerce their Lady into eating, but she refused to do so. She also refused to take the medicine and refuted that the ointment be applied to the wounds on her back. Before the noon hour, their Lady's condition got worse. Yet, their dire request for a doctor to be summoned was ignored yet again and soon, she slipped into an unconscious sleep.

The Little Prince sat on his throne in his palace. His aide, Octavia was by his side. He was sitting there, listening to matters of his manor, such which he had not been able to do since his elder brother, the emperor kept him so busy most of the time. He was trying to think of a solution to a matter when one of his trusted men walked into the small gathering. He was Danlis, just one of his best swordsmen. He calmly came up to his throne and stopped. Then, he rendered a deep bow like he always did although it wasn't actually necessary to do so.

'Greetings to My Munificent Royalty,' he greeted the Little Prince. He remained in his bow despite having completed his obeisance.

'Thank you Danlis. Now please rise, stand upright in a way befitting of your status,' he said through gritted teeth. He hated when Danlis always performed this exaggerated extravagant bow. 'Have not I told you to not always do this?'

'Thank you My Lord,' he said straightening. He had a small hint of amusement in his eyes.

'You are just so keen on stressing me out of the remainder of my life right Danlis?' the Little Prince questioned him with a small groan.

'My Munificent Royalty is bound to live long and prosper, assisting the emperor till the end.'

'Then Mayhap it is you who will have a short life span, for the both of us cannot coexist.' Danlis chuckled at the Prince's words.

'I will not do anything to your life span My Lord,' he said.

'Oh whatever!' he groused. 'What brings you here Mighty Man?' he asked the fierce warrior. He had been known to kill hundreds of men without blink an eyelid.

'I bear news which might be important for Your Munificent Royalty,' he said.

'Where is it from? It is not about war right?' he simply asked him nonchalantly.

'No My Lord, it is not about war. But it might start one. It is from Lord Linamine's Manor,' he told him. The warrior's were allowed to address the Emperor by that, especially warriors knighted by him.