15: SHE WAS JEALOUS AND HE WAS HAPPY😸

.
.
.
.
.
...15...

SHE WAS JEALOUS AND HE WAS HAPPY😸

She watched the pretty swallows fly around from the balcony of the bedroom. They were colourful, beautiful and melodious. They were her only entertainment for now. She had tried to guess what time it was and had failed once again. She stared at the sky, disappointed in herself. She didn't blame the beast for chasing others ladies when she could not even tell the time. Oh, she felt rather dumb. She had never bothered to learn how to tell the time before, overlooking it completely, thinking it quite inferior to other skills that she had learnt or honed perfectly.

She finally went out of the bedroom to sought for Xiera who only barely glanced at the hour glass and told her that it was the noon hour. She wondered where the Emperor was having not seen him all morning as she went back into the bedroom and to the balcony once more. She was sure that he was probably somewhere, with those seven ladies, the empress candidates, enjoying their company. She wondered which of them he was with. It was most probably that Hera-Mera or Nicolette or Genevieve or Melanie. Well, she wasn't even sure that she wanted to know which. It was better if her curiosity was kept hanging.

She turned away from the excellent view which the balcony offered her and went into the bedroom. She sat on the bed for a minute or two pondering before she gently lay on it. She would resume her normal routine; the very one she had been following since she had awakened in his kingdom -except planning and executing escape- she decided after ample time. That routine was solely to ignore him like when she had first discovered that she could not leave his kingdom, the Linamine fortress. She went to the wardrobe and skimmed through it with her newly painted fingers, something that Hyeera had about forced her to do. Why? That was because she didn't very much like the idea of being pretty, for the beast. He was using her and damn her if she was going to keep encouraging him by looking absolutely good.

She was planning to play the hag today. She veered from her wardrobe and into his. She selected one of his cozy white shirt, planning to wear it when another thought crept into her ever busy mind like a light bulb. She stopped short and debated on her attempted action. Those ladies, they might taunt her or look down on her, turning up their noses at her in distasteful superiority. She was having none of that from those bitches. She closed his wardrobe and went back to hers. She looked through it and settled on a black jumpsuit that looked good enough to go riding for she was planning to in order to burn up some of her pent up frustration. She quickly changed into it and did her makeup herself, lightly of course, as always. She finished the look with a diamond necklace and let her oxblood hair down. She walked gracefully out of the bedroom and found Xiera eating caramel bars. She instantly longed for some.

'My lady,' Xiera greeted her.

'What are you eating?' she asked the lady though she knew what it was.

'I am having caramel bars my lady,' she responded with a smile. 'A warrior deserves some sugar at times, for strength.'

'Let me have some please,' she requested. Xiera smiled at her before shoving the remainder of it into the pocket of her clothes.

'I'm sorry but I dare not do so my lady,' she told her mistress.

'And why is that?' she asked her puzzled or was the warrior just being stingy to her?

~HEARTS & FANGS~ जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें