14: SOMETHING BROKE💔

.
.
.
.
.
...14...

SOMETHING BROKE💔

Time stopped at that very moment. She was about ninety nine percent sure of the fact. Well, she had no evidence except for the fact that no one moved at her appearance to prove that. She had been expecting no one to be with him for Xiera had assured her that all his guests were gone. Anyways, he was right there, afore her, staring straight at her. He was in the company of some of the seven empress candidates who she recognized as Hera-Mera, Colette and Helen. Colette was displaying her dancing skills. All eyes turned on her the moment she stepped in and she didn't know how to react to that.

'What are you wearing?' the Emperor asked her- his voice loud after about a year of staring at her.

'A dress,' she answered him curtly, not at all pleased with his reception.

'Good,' he said to her. 'Now take it off,' he commanded.

'Why?' she demanded. Why was he getting angry at her? Was it because she'd interrupted his little party?

'I said so, now do it!' he ordered her rising to his feet.

'I won't.' Everywhere grew silent at her reply. The Emperor matched towards her and she knew -just knew- what he would do to the pretty white dress. She began to back away from him with her fear slightly showing on her face. He halted then at her obvious retreat.

'Do you understand?' he thundered. She glared at him, seething.

'Beast!' she spat at him. Then, she turned and ran, tears in her eyes. Xiera bowed to him then went after her lady. He stared at their direction of departure for a while, trying to calm himself down.

'Cora!' he called.

'Yes My Lord,' she replied in a hasty voice. He turned to her for she was just behind him.

'Who made her new wardrobe?' he bellowed with impatience.

'I think it was seamstress Sylma My Lord,' was her reply.

'You think or you know for sure?' he inquired. She hesitated.

'I know so My Lord. I am sure of it,' she assured him in a shaky voice. He sighed audibly.

'Relieve her of her duties this instant. As of this moment, she has nothing to do with the Palace. See to it now!' he ordered terrifyingly.

'Yes My Lord. I shall do so this instant,' Cora said to him. He seemed satisfied with her reply for he turned and walked away. He went up the stairs to his quarters. He found Xiera just outside the bedroom door. She paid obeisance to him. 'Where is your Mistress?' he asked her.

'She is inside the bedroom My Lord,' she provided. He began to open the door but stopped and then turned back to her.

'How is she?'

'Broken,' was Xiera's only reply. He sighed and went into the bedroom feeling tense and simply guilty.

She knew it was him the moment he entered the room. It was not because he was the only one who could come in without knocking but because his unique scent wafted into her nostrils, as strong as steel probably because she had been deprived of it all morning. She wondered why he had followed her here after his mad display of unwarranted anger. Why then was he chasing her when he had been the one who sent her away?