47: BETTER A SECRET THAN A LIE🌼

This chapter is dedicated to
@durascraft

.
.
.
.
.

...47...

BETTER A SECRET THAN A LIE🌼

After much investigation, the truth behind the riding accident and the fall was unveiled about two days later. The sole cause of the accident was the horse's saddle. The horse's saddle had ripped. Red Rose's saddle had been cut, purposefully and left there by someone who was just happily waiting for it to rip while the obvious owner of the horse was riding. The Emperor had been angry. How could such a thing have happened in his royal manor? How? It was no mistake. Who was it? He had no answer to that question. He wondered if his enemies -the ones he was protecting her from- had finally infiltrated his empire.He Dodd not know which. He was not sure if it were them. Besides, his empire was well guarded.

It was a different thing. This enemy was an internal one. This was done by an insider, but who? But whatever it was, it only meant one thing to him. Someone had definitely intended to harm the Lady Rose. That meant that the Lady was no longer safe in his territory. And if it wasn't with him, where else will she be this safe? He strode out of his study room and to the bedroom to go see her. He was just done with some of his official work, and he missed her. He found her sitted at his writing table, reading a book. He stood at the door, unnoticed, watching her. He had ordered that she not leave the bedroom until she was well enough. And though she had argued that she was, he had won, like always.

'Mine,' he said the moment she sensed him and looked up. She smiled at seeing him standing there.

'Beast,' she said. He returned her sweet radiant smile as his blood warmed considerably. Her endearment for him always did that to him. Well, he had come to like the name and the effect it brought. 'You are back, again,' she pointed out to him and he laughed. It was true. He had been here multiple times today because he kept missing her quite badly as it was.

'Yes,' he finally said when he was done being amused by her. 'What are you reading?' he asked her, going into the room and shutting the door.

'The Linamine Chronicles,' she simply told him ass she raised the book for him to see it properly.

'Ahh,' he said with a nod as he went to her. 'I see.'

'I am at the story of the the second Emperor of Linamine, Emperor Ixon Linamine.'

'That would be my great great great great grandfather,' he explained to her. She nodded.

'You are correct about that. He is an interesting man. I bet if he was still alive he would be a rather molliscent and beguiling charmer, adequately charming clothes of ladies of different calibre,' she told him.

'Seduction is a Linamine trait. It runs in the family Mine.' She giggled.

'I do not need to be told that, do I?' She was simply asking herself rather than him.

'Sometimes, we actually do nothing. Our looks does all the work for us you see?' She said nothing this time, looking away from his sexy melanous eyes. He was inadvertently seducing her at the moment with those his sexually maleficent eyes -dark, deep, mesmerizing and dangerous. Her body was beginning to gradually heat up. 'Anyways, why are you reading this? You mightn't have preferred Romance novels to this?' she shook her head at him.

'I might, but I want to know all about your history.' Now, that left him stuck in glee. It was different. Everything was different now including them. Her mind was finally buried there along with her body, her heart somehow finding how to belong to him. She was no longer thinking of running away from him.