4. BOUND TO YOUR WORDS💌

.
.
.
.
.
...4...

BOUND TO YOUR WORDS💌

For days, he kept her confined, in his room, having Hyeera the maid, Xiera her personal guard and Peter the butler take turns watching her, making sure that she never left the left wing, his quarters. She had nothing doing, constantly idle and it well near bored her to an early death. On some days, she would wander around the corridors looking at the portrait on the wall. They were portraits of the Linamine emperors. On other days, she would visit his library. She would read books there, either novels or poems or history books and sometimes the documents that he would keep around, carelessly lying on the library table, documents that she could never ever seem to understand. Yet, curiosity made her always skim through it, trying so hard to understand what was always tabled on it.

Once, he had walked in on her doing so, caught her reading one of the many files that he had arranged on the table, looking as frustrated as hell. He had watched her amused for a moment before he had taken a seat beside her and explained it all to her; only she had not been able to even understand a damn thing. Well, it was not because he was a bad teacher and neither was it that she was a dull student.

However, it was only because his nearness had not allowed her to concentrate on his teachings. His scent, that lovely fragrance -of coconut and lemon which always left her salivating for more- was invading all of her comprehending faculty comprehensively. She had thought that he would be naughty due to their proximity like he always was, but he had not so much as touched her as he had not despite the fact that they slept on the same bed. She was convinced that he had been flirting with her, for fun. Therefore, she was not at all surprised by it.

Well, she should have been extremely pleased at his change in disposition, yet she was not, wanting nothing yet wanting more and it confused her. It baffled her continuously, that confusing emotion. How on earth could one want something and yet not want it? She didn't know, couldn't answer that as she could not answer his questions when he was done with his explanation. He had shaken his head to her and left her to the documents, to the books and the library shelves, more confused than before. She had sighed frustratingly as she had watched him leave, and then put her head on the table, totally exasperated.

It was almost evening now. After a long day, she sat on the round bed, exhausted from having walked around the left wing ceaselessly, looking for something, anything to do. She stared at the combat trousers that Xiera had gotten for her at her request for she had nothing but that beast clothes to wear. A gown would have been preferable to that beast clothes for she never wore gowns, detested them even. They were too much material to bear; a warrior never needed gowns, especially one like her. She went to take a bath, one that Hyeera had prepared for her.

When she was out of the bathroom, Hyeera was there to help her dress. She styled her oxblood hair and held it up with fancy looking pins. She crawled into bed almost instantly, tired as hell but a little refreshed form the bath. She lay on the round bed, staring at the ceiling, admiring the paintings of dragons with silver eyes on the white surface. She was still doing so when the door opened without a knock. She assumed it was Hyeera leaving until she heard her say "My Sovereign Liege" in a calm respectful voice. Her eyes darted the door. Sure enough, the beast was there, standing at the door, his sable eyes fixed on her. She ignored him. Hyeera left as he came into the room, closing the door behind her. It was quiet for but a moment.

'What are you wearing?' he asked her. She did not answer, bent on ignoring him. He had done nothing to her, but she was just not in the mood to entertain him and his questions. 'I asked you a question,' he said to her once more.