52: SHE IS MY WIFE👰

This book is dedicated to
@adijhan

.
.
.
.
.

..52...

SHE IS MY WIFE👰

After the royal physician and his impossible assistant had left, the emperor sat beside his beloved, staring down at her sleeping form. Her facility features were relaxed, resting in tranquility. Hyeera came up to them with a bowl of slightly cold water that had been scented with cocolemon. She also came along with a small white towel. She stood at the side closer to the lady and began to mop her forehead with the towel after it had been dipped into the water. The emperor stood up and gave way for her to do her bidding.

'Now that I think about it, he is right First,' the Little Prince said after a short while. The emperor turned to him and stared at him for a while, equally pondering in the matter at hand. He finally spoke.

'Call a court for me Little. It was an insider who did this. It is the same culprit that we had failed to catch before.' The Little Prince nodded, totally in agreement with him. 'I have this hunch. I think it is either the Xing princess or the Draco princess. The former is the most suspected for her last accident but there is also suspicion on the latter. I wonder if I am truly right.'

'The stable boy, Aquila said that she had been in just before we arrived, the Xing princess I mean.'

'Mayhap it was her escort who tampered with the horse My Lord,' Octavia took the initiative to speak. Her master turned to her and nodded in agreement.

'We shall soon know,' the Little Prince pointed out. 'I will go and call the court. It should be all ready by some hours after dawn.'

'I shall go and prepare to have dinner,' the emperor informed them. Cora made to follow him but he turned and stopped her with a hand gesture. 'No, you cannot escort me. You need to rest. I shall find my way around, by myself,' he enunciated every word.

'But My Lord, how can I let you go about unescorted?' she asked him. Her fatigue shew in her voice.

'That should be my worry and not yours Cora.'

'Pardon me My Lord but I have to do this,' she told him.

'Do what?'

'You,' she said to Xiera.

'Me?' the lady asked touching her chest with her palm.

'Why is everyone asking questions with every answer?' the little prince joked to himself rather than with the rest of them.

'Yes you Xiera,' Cora confirmed. 'You shall escort my master in my absence you hear?' she said imperatively.

'What? Why? I mean why me?' the warrior asked in surprise. It was obvious that she was almost dumbfounded by the order.

'You shall escort him,' she said in a that's final tone.

'Yes I shall,' Xiera murmured after an I audible string of jeremaid. When had she become the emperor's spare escort? Well looking on the bright side, it was a honour anyway. She went to the emperor and knelt afore him. She held her sword horizontally in her outstretched palm, towards him. 'My Master, My Lord, I Xiera shall do my best to serve you. I shall lay down my life for you if need be. Look kindly upon this servant.'

'Oh no need for the formalities,' the emperor told her. 'Rise to your feet so that I may go and have a meal. I am hungry. She has snapped me of do much vigor in just one draw,' he said glancing at the lady sleeping soundly on the round bed. Hyeera was very busy putting scented pouches under the pillows.