41: I NEVER AGREED TO IT, DID I?😎

.
.
.
.
.

...41...

I NEVER AGREED TO IT, DID I?😎

The court meeting was held in the royal pavilion rather than the court room because there was too much people who had come from the different kingdoms. The court room might have been a bit too stuffy for them all. They were all settled in the royal pavilion, either talking or arguing about the matter at hand, the reason for their assemble.

When the emperor arrived, the royal pavilion went quiet, as quiet as a haunted graveyard. They all stood to their feet when he graced them with his presence. He walked in as elegantly as ever despite the fact that he had not bothered to to put on his royal robes or crown to the court proceedings. He rather chose to appear in his regular immaculate white shirt and white pants with the shirt missing the first three top buttons as always. He sat atop the throne and stared at all those who had dared to call such and those who had dared to be present in such a thing. His eyes settled on the empress dowager after only a few seconds of skimming through the crowd. A strange emotion flickered in his eyes for a fleeting moment and then it was gone as quickly as it came.

'Shall we begin the proceedings My Sovereign Liege?' she inquired of him, holding his gaze without qualms.

'No,' was the emperor's reply to her. 'I await someone. Everyone can sit till my guest is here,' he added.

'Yes My Crown,' she said to him. The empress dowager was the only one allowed to address him as such. It was a title that a mother should use to address her crowned royal child in the Linamine Empire. The only other person who was allowed to do such was a king who had abdicated the throne to  his child, the prince. The look the emperor gave her at the mention of that title had her almost cold and frost bitten. She regretted addressing him as such.

Now, the court was on hold for nearly thirty minutes before the Emperor's guest arrived. The people present talked and chatted in minimal tones due to the Emperor's presence before the guest came. They all went mute the moment she did. It was a she, yes. It was none other than Lady Rose. Both her aides escorted her into the royal pavilion with her all dandied and looking beautiful. They led her to a spot by the Emperor's side, just about at the foot of his throne. She sat at a place prepared just for her. She looked at the emperor, both exchanging some sort of look before she took a seat.

'Let the court proceedings begin!' the emperor's aide, Cora announced loudly to all in the royal pavilion after the emperor had given her the signal to do so.

'My Sovereign Liege,' the empress dowager began the moment she got to her feet, addressing him with his normal title. 'A report has reached me concerning you. That rumour is the reason I am here, in this petition court, one that I gave full support.'

'What rumour is that empress dowager?' he questioned her.

'It is said that My Sovereign Liege has publicly denounced -especially in the previous court proceeding- the betrothal and engagement to Princess Hera-Mera Dracon of the Draco Kingdom. Is such true My Sovereign Liege?' she continued staring at him.

'Yes it is empress dowager.'

'Why have you done so My Sovereign Liege? Pray tell us why because denouncing a betrothal especially a royal one is no small matter and you know. There are procedures to break a royal engagement.'

'My word is the law,' was the only thing he said when they all looked at him expectantly for an answer.

'But My Sovereign Liege, it is not that-'