~1~ "Beautiful."

~Michael~
"MICHAEL!"

I winced at the way my father's voice echoed throughout the house, it was a shock his ear piercing yell hadn't woken up the whole neighborhood, much less my little sister and brother. Growing up with this for 22 years, I can always tell when he's about to call my name, or maybe it just always comes at the most inconvenient of times.

With an audible sigh, I placed the book I was hoping to finish reading tonight on my bedroom dresser. The yell had come from the basement, I could tell by the way it had invaded my room through the heat vent.

I dreadfully walked down those creaky stairs, hearing each step creak beneath my feet until I was at the bottom, staring at the open door in front of me, my father's workshop.

"What do you want? It's almost ten." I flicked the room light on, half-lidded eyes filled with annoyance for this man.

"Go to the store and pick up some stuff." My father, William Afton, handed me a piece of lined paper covered in black stains of grease, but I could still make-out the items he wanted. Metal screws, random animatronic part, boring shit, blah blah blah.

"I'll do it in the morning." I placed the dirty piece of paper into my back pocket, unhappy with the smudges I knew would end up on my pants.

"I need these parts by 5 am tomorrow, there's a corner store on 23 street that's still open. Go." He dismissed, I felt my eyebrows furrow, pff- is he insane? I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry. An omega out alone at 10 pm in the beginning of December? It's freezing!

"You're joking." I finally let the words fall out of my mouth, there's no way I'm going, he can wait until the morning like a reasonable person can't he?

"Go, or you're out." He bared his teeth, I mumbled a curse the lord would not be proud of under my breath. Yeah, I'm 21 and I still live at home, I know, I don't love it anymore than you do. But the housing market is an absolute fortune in this god forsaken city and my pay at the coffee shop is so low it might actually be criminal, I don't really have a choice. So my living situation has mostly become a bargaining tool for my mother and father to use against me. Maybe it's fair.

My face was flushed and red the minute I stepped outside into the cold December air. I was wearing a winter jacket and a sweater but I could still feel my fingers practically getting frostbite. "Goddammit, why couldn't he wait until morning.."

I should have brought mittens, I don't even think I own any. The stars were starting to show, glistening against the contrasting black sky, it was so freezing I could see my warm breath clear as white against the breeze.

Okay. Just grab the shit he needs and leave, then you can go back to your warm bed and read, and tell Posi about this shit tomorrow.

Posi is the name of the girl I work with at the coffee shop, she's a sweetheart, even if she's a little bit obsessed with the drama and gossip of my life, like I even have that much drama, my life is pretty boring, it's mostly just the weird errands my dad makes me do.

And just to my luck, after arriving at the local manicanics shop, it was fucking closed. My dad is gonna be so pissed, fuckk what do I do?.. "Are you alright there?" A smooth and gentle voice caught my attention, I jumped and whipped my head around to see who was talking to me.

All I could see beneath the street lamp
light was short and messy red hair, piercing blue eyes and a jawline that could fucking kill- I mean uh, he looked fine. "Yeah I'm fine. Just.. didn't realize the shop was closed." I jostled the door, I swear I'm close to breaking in.

"At 11 pm? What did you expect?" He placed his hands in his pant pockets. He was wearing dress pants with a two piece suit, the jacket was left off, carried in his arm.

"Are you calling me stupid? Blame my father he wants some fuckin' parts for his work. And apparently he's so impatient he can't wait like 8 hours until morning. Oh! And what are you doing out at 11pm?" I felt myself rambling, why am I talking so much? I never talk this much I promise.

The man let out a chuckle, crossing his arms and leaning against the streetlamp. "I just wanted some air." He shrugged, usually, I'd see this as the end of the conversation and leave as soon as possible. But, maybe I was just a little bit intrigued, or maybe he was handsome and that made me want to hear his voice echo in my ears just one more time.

"Soo, what's your name? Stranger~" I let a flirtatious voice on without even knowing it, I leaned close to him, jumping off the front step of the shop with a smirk on my face. "You first." He winked, I felt my face burn red, I think I could pass out, god I hope he'd catch me.

"Michael Afton." As I put my hands behind my back, I could smell his scent through the breeze, I recognized his smell, like cologne. He's an alpha, but, a different kind I think, it was kind of different, he smelt like fresh air on a rainy day.

"Noah Carter, nice to meet you darling." He tilted his head at me, probably also trying to get my scent and tell what I was, I put a scent blocker on this morning though, it would probably be tough for him to tell-

"It's not very safe for an omega like you to be out this late, you got a vendetta against your father or something?"

I- how- what?

"What- uh- I put a scent blocker on this morning right?" I brought my wrist up to my nose and smelled, it smelt like my blocker. "You know scent blockers don't work on royals, right?" He chuckled, running a hand through his hair. My mouth fell agap.. holy shit..

I uh- probably shouldn't have flirted with a Royal..

"I've gotta get going, see you later, beautiful." He pushed himself off the lamp pole and tousled my hair as he walked back up the hill. Ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod- he's so fucking hot-

Oh shit- my father's stuff.. Well, I guess I'm going to get yelled at.