PART 44 A

Before reading this part...remember the character sketch that I have given in the first thread, first page. Annie is 14 years old same age as Rajji. She is studying 9th standard.

PART 44:

G: ANNIE..

An: Mar Gayi Annie !! (Annie is dead)

Geet wipes her tears.. Oh Baby...I have told you na? Don't ever utter such words..

An: What shall I do? You never called me even once...how mean!! Where were you all these days?

DAADI's eyes pops out seeing their closeness. 😯 She rubs her eyes to make sure that what she is seeing is actually true.😖

Finally, Daadi gets a chance to interfere.

D: Arre Arre...What's happening? Geet-Annie, you know each other.

An: Yes Daadima...Geet didi is the one who helped me with my studies when I had to stay in Bangalore.

Daadima's joy knew no bounds seeing Geet and Annie getting along so well with each other. She remembers Annie was missing this person from Bangalore but she never ever guessed it could be Geet.

A brief flashback:

About 3 years ago... Khurana Group of Companies faced a lot of challenges in the business front and recession was an added problem...Maan had gone thro a tough turning point not only in terms of business, but even in his personal front. His Daadaji (Grandfather) had recently passed away leaving the complete responsibility on him (Maan) and Daadi. Dev couldn't help much as he was irresponsible by nature and on top of that he was newly married and settled down in Canada for some time. Annie got in the age where she required more attention...She was just 11-12 years old; a over pampered kid who was very weak in her studies taking single digit marks. Maan or Daadi had set all priorities to the business and were worried about Annie. Hence Daadi called her youngest sister (Younger to her by 15 years) Kalyani Devi who lived in Bangalore, requesting her to take care of Annie for a year or two till these family and business issues get sorted out. Kalyani Devi was staying all alone as all her children and grandchildren are well settled and living in different places in Abroad. She happily agreed to help.

Annie started living with Kalyani Devi in Bangalore. All though Kalyani Devi took good care of Annie, she couldn't help Annie much with her studies. She was worried with Annie's Progress in studies and also Annie had a weakness in writing grip. She checked with many people around for sending Annie for extra tuition classes...but nothing was working out. Either good tutors were staying far away or the ones available close by were not good enough to take tuitions for important subjects. Annie needed more attention in Maths and Science...but it was difficult to find a tutor who can help her with this.

Finally one day...

At Geet's home in Bangalore...

It was evening time...Radhika is just back from her school and busy with her kitchen work. Geet and Rajji were studying when the door bell rang.

Radhika opens the door...and found this old lady whom she got to see occasionally while passing by the neighborhood. She is accompanied by a young girl who seems to be of same age as Rajji. She slowly glances at both of them before starting a conversation

Radhika: Hello

Kalyani: Hello...I am Kalyani Devi...I just live in the next street. I need to meet Mrs Radhika

R: Yes..I am Radhika...I guess we happen to see each other occasionally. Please come in

Kalyani and Annie walked in