Chapter 16

Dante's POV:

She was the girl who mocked Olivia today at the library as well. It's not like I couldn't believe what the woman said, because Olivia clearly agreed with what she said. She said that she worked in the club, before she gets Ivy and that was also because her so-called fucking husband, didn't even bother to look at them. Olivia couldn't turn to look at me. I know she's very uncomfortable with herself now, because she should've said this to me, if I was comfortable enough for her to say me this thing. But she didn't. I hope that it's not like she doesn't get uncomfortable with me, because if she gets, then she would definitely not tell me the whole story about Jake.

I replied the woman with a stern voice.

- "Get lost from here, before I call the cops and say that you're following us with no reason."

- "I'll get lost from here. But know that this bitch in front of you has no good intentions. I guarantee and tell you this, she won't be staying for too long with you." - that being said, she left.

I held Olivia by her left arm with my right hand and turned her towards to face me. Her eyes were shedded with shining tear drops and her lips were trembling. I don't care even if she worked as a slut in a club, but I felt like it wasn't safe for any woman to work at a club as a prostitute. We don't know how far would men go, to fulfill their desires! And as for the woman I love the most, I didn't want her to work in a place like the club. I thoroughly understand her condition and it's not like I'm gonna judge her by her past. Never!

- "Olivia."

She couldn't maintain eye contact with me. She continued looking at my cloth covered chest.

- "Look at me, Olivia."

Still no reply. I lifted her chin with my fingers so that she could look at me. Yes she maintained eye contact, but soon she took off her face from my held and freed herself from my arm. I'm not gonna leave her!

- "Dante."

- "Olivia, listen. I don't care anything what she said."

- "Please. Leave us alone."

I got a stinging feeling in my chest. I didn't expect her to say this. I can't leave her like this after all what we had done.

- "I can't do it. I can't leave you or Ivy."

- "Please. Leave us alone. Leave me and Ivy alone. I'm only asking for that. Do it. Please. Let us go."

- "No, you thought I'm gonna judge you from your past?!"

- "Please."

- "Can we go talk in a peaceful place where there are no people."

She agreed nodding her head. I drove our vehicle to a nearby park, and parked it there. We got off the vehicle and started walking on the paths that were scattered all over the grassy soil.

- "Olivia, listen. I totally understand you. I'm never gonna judge you by your past, just because of the things that you did as a career."

She turned to me, let out a heavy breathe and started replying to what I said.

- "Listen. Dante, I'm honestly grateful for everything what you have done for me and Ivy. I don't know how to pay for you for the things that you did for us, but I'm honestly, really thankful, I literally have no words to say. It's just that you were a mere stranger for me on the day we met at the restaurant. I know very well when I was ordering the food at the restaurant, Ivy was looking around the restaurant and I knew that she was lying to me when I asked her whom are you looking at. I know she wasn't just looking around the restaurant, she knew that you were staring at me all the time. I caught you that you were staring at me but I couldn't even think that we would come this far. Right? I'm very much thankful for you, I don't know what should I return you for all what you've done." - who thinks a person who wants money, would speak like this? Does she even look like she's with me for money and sex?