Chapter 02

Olivia's POV:

The morning came soon as I expected it to be. Ivy was still sleeping so I just got out of the bed and had a shower. Once I was done, I tucked myself in a bath robe, and came to wake up Ivy.

- "Ivy, darling, it's time for you to get up, it's almost 9 in the morning."

- "Mum, can I have 10 more minutes please." - she pleasingly asked me.

- "Alright, just ten minutes."

- "Thank you muuummmm." - I smiled at her cute saying.

I thought of having our breakfasts in a nearby restaurant, since the food that we had, wasn't enough for the both of us. Of course I had a loaf of bread, but sort of a strange smell was coming out of it, though it was just not more than three days since I bought it. However, I thought of not consuming it.

When it was time, I woke up Ivy and helped her to wash herself. I made her wear a baby pink small jersey with a dark blue pair of trousers with a pair of brown boots. I braided her hair and made her to wait until I come. I wore myself, a white jersey with a pair of black denim trousers and tucked my sneakers into my feet. I let my hair just fall down, went to Ivy and said.

- "You wanna go and have your breakfast at a restaurant?"

- "Mum are you okay with that?" - she bothers about our expenditures as well.

- "Obviously, I'm totally fine with that. Now come let's go and have our meals." - I took her in my arms, locked our hotel room and exited the hotel to look for a restaurant.

There was this restaurant named 'The Refined Palette.' I entered the restaurant and there were a quite a lot of people. I made her sit at a corner of the couch, so that she could face the mesmerizing streets, through the glass windows.

- "What do you want to eat for breakfast, my little girl?"

- "Eclairs and apple juice." - she answered giving a wide smile.

- "Alright, I'll be back, but don't go anywhere, right my love?" - I said.

- "Okay mum."

I went up to the reception and ordered some croissants and some eclairs with two bottles of apple juice.

Ivy's POV:

I waited until my mum arrives to me with the food. Swinging my legs forward and backward, I started looking around the restaurant and the streets. There were many restaurants, shops with beautiful clothes and many more. When I was looking at the streets, suddenly some vehicles caught my eye. Nearly five vehicles, all colored in black, were stopped near the restaurant and some big uncles came out of it. Three uncles entered the restaurant while there were nearly seven uncles guarding the entrance of the restaurant. I think it's for the protection of the three gentlemen, who just had entered the restaurant. They were all wearing black suits and that made me think if they're rich and mafia. I don't know, but I've heard of this mafia a lot of times, since it's very popular in Italy. They started walking forward, and sat on the couch that was the one the forward to ours. Two men sat on the couch back facing me, while one sat on the couch facing me. They seemed to be very scary because they were having lip piercings, eye piercings and tattoos on their bodies. I looked up at my mum and gave her a smile. But one thing I've noticed of the man who was facing me was, he was staring at my mum all the time. He had many tattoos on his right hand, and I understand, it would've continued more upper along his right arm, because the pattern didn't seem to have a proper ending from the place where his shirt's sleeve ends. I don't know if mum noticed it, but I've noticed it all the time. I saw mama approaching us with two drink bottles, while one of the male waiters came to us with the meal. She kept everything on the table and until that, he was staring at her.

- "Honey, whom are you looking at?" - mum asked.

- "No mum, I was just looking around?" - I asked.

She turned her head and caught the man staring at her. She again looked at me and said,
- "The restaurant is indeed beautiful but for now, eat the meal, we gotta go soon." - she said.

- "Alright mum."

After some time, mum said that she'll be back soon after paying for the food, and I thought of talking to the man, who was staring at her. I went to him, and tapped on his lap. He looked at me.

- "Excuse me uncle."

He looked at me for a few seconds and gave me a smile and I, in return, gave him a smile.

- "Hi princess, are you okay?"

- "Yes I'm fine but I saw you looking at mum for a long time. Is there something wrong with her?"

- "No nothing is wrong sweetheart. She's just beautiful."

- "I know she's beautiful. Do you also have a girl?" - I wanted to know if he has a girl, because I don't think with the way he stared at her, it would be just a normal staring.

- "As in?" - His smile got wider to the question asked.

- "As in, uhhh, do you have a relationship with a girl where you kiss her? Are you married? Or do you have a girlfriend?" - I just directly asked what I wanted to ask from him.

- "Uh, no. I'm not and I don't have a girl of my own." - He replied.

- "My mommy hasn't got a boyfriend as well, and since you don't have one, and you look nice and good, maybe you can protect her and me from the bad man." - I said.

- "What bad man?" - He asked. His eyebrows furrowed.

- "Ivy, come let's go." - My mum came and took me in her arms.

I'll update the next chapter as soon as possible. Till then, have a nice day and stay safe! I also hope that this chapter didn't make you disappoint.