Chapter 01

Olivia's POV:

I couldn't handle it anymore. It's difficult to bear it this much. He had beaten me again. I don't know for which time of the day is he beating me again, but I'm certain that it exceeds the fourth time of the day. I literally have no energy left in me to fight against him. I was collapsing on the floor where I couldn't bear it the most, but all what I know is that my vision is blurry due to the tears, that have blocked it. I've reached to an extent where my lips were bruised and fresh blood oozing out of it. My thighs were aching and my ribs were almost hurting severely like hell. My eyelids were about to be closed but I couldn't close them, because I had a plan inside my head. I hope to get out of this hell, when he goes to sleep and I hope I can do it. But if I fail, then he would be torturing me again like hell. I should take a risk for me and for my Ivy to live. Though she's yet 3 years old, she understands most of the things. She speaks the language fluently, but stutters from time to time and that is how little children start to speak. She has also seen me being beaten by Jake. I don't want her to see me being beaten like that, but at times I can't help to make her avoid the scene, because I don't have energy to get up from the place and to move her to another corner of the house, where she cannot see any of it. So honestly, she knows what I go through and she hates it. She often keeps asking me 'mom why don't we get out of here' and I didn't have answers for that then, but now I do. I can't keep, and raise my little girl, in an environment like this, where women are being brutally tortured and being abused by their own partner. I remember, when he raped me, at the initial phase of our marriage life - that is how I got Ivy - he used to torture me to an extent where he brands me as his, in my body. When he brings the knife, and when he carves his name - Jake, on my wrist, I used to cry a lot, and not a single shedding tear that falls out of my eye affects him. He's a monster! A fucking monster!

It's been nearly one and a half hour, and there's not a single noise that comes from him. I think he has gone to sleep and this is the time. Quietly, I started halting my footsteps to my room where Ivy was silently staring at me. I gave her a small smile and went towards her, tucking her curly hair strand behind her ear. In a low voice, I said her,

- "Ivy, honey we gotta go from home now and until I pack our things up, you must stay silent. Okay?"

- "Alright mom. But did the bad man hit you again?" - She asked. She's genuine enough to understand what really has taken place.

- "Darling, I'll tell everything when we get out, but for now, just stay quiet until I pack our things right?" - I was lying. I don't want her to know, though she already knows the truth.

- "Right mummy."

- "My sweet child." - I said giving her a kiss on her cheek.

I got up from the bed and started packing our things up. Once I was done, I slowly approached the kitchen to get the loaf of bread that I brought yesterday, the cheese bottle, and some milk for Ivy. I also filled up two small bottles of water just in case, and went to the room again. I put all of the things in the suitcase. I didn't have time to change myself to another dress, so I just put on my sneakers, along with my black camisole dress and to cover myself up, I wore the black coat that I had. I made Ivy wear her coat as well since it was a little cold outside. And approaching to the main door, we got out silently, without making any noise.

I ran as fast as I could, but because of the suitcase, my paces were slowing down. Anyways for my fortune, I knew a hotel around here, and it wasn't closer to my house. So I entered the hotel and booked a small room. I paid the money required for it, and went inside the room we booked. I admit it's not very good, but it's good to a certain extent, if a person can stay if he doesn't hesitate about the nature and the condition of it. I fed Ivy some bananas with three slices of bread, and poured her some milk, until she was satisfied with her hunger being going away. I made Ivy sleep as it was eleven in the night, and she usually sleeps way more earlier than this.

The money that I have right now, is probably not enough for the both of us for our expenditures, and I immediately need a job. Since I knew, I would not be able find any solution for this problem, and due to my unbearable condition of my body being ached, and due to the sleepiness I had, I tucked myself into the bed next to Ivy and made her sleep in my embrace pulling her closer and covering ourselves by taking the duvet over our bodies. And it wasn't taking a lot of time, to make me drift into slumber.

I'm sorry I guess it's short, but since I wanted her to start her next day, I thought of finishing the chapter from here.
How is this chapter? Is it good? I mean, I don't know if it's boring, but surely in the upcoming chapters it'll be more interesting I promise. What are your thoughts so far about this?