Chapter 69 So This Is Christmas?

Start from the beginning

Kingpin: That's quite the turnaround.

Kazi: I've realized no matter what I do, I can't bring my father back. Finding whoever killed him, that won't change anything. He would've wanted you to move on.

Kingpin: He always wanted... The best for you. I only wish that he could be here now to see you and all of your accomplishments.

Kazi: If it's okay with you, I'd like a couple days off, to clear my head.

Kingpin: Yes, that's reasonable. Maya... I love you.

Echo (Hand Signal): I love you.

She walks away.

Kingpin: The Ronin is running around the city. Two Avenger has taken an outsized interest in our operations, and the Bishop woman, she thinks that she can quit her job, as if she works for Goldman Sachs. And Maya... My Maya... She's turned on us.

Kazi: Yeah.

Kingpin: What will we do about it? The people need to be reminded that the city belongs to me.

The four heroes were on a subway.

Jason: Kate, I'm really sorry how this has all turned out for you.

Kate: Well... Can't think about it right now. We've gotta focus on tonight.

Clint: You're right. We need a ton of gear. Like a whole batch of way-too-dangerous trick arrows.

Kate: You can make more?

Jason and Kate worked together to make more arrows as Y/N and Jason headed to an abandoned warehouse of the Avengers and saw all of the ammo Tony gave him.

Y/N: Let go, kid.

Jason smiles. Clint and Kate manufacture new trick arrows from scratch.

Clint: Hey, Kate, have you seen that pepper spray?

Kate: Yeah, I've got it here.

Clint: All right.

Kate: What is this one?

Clint: Way too dangerous.

Kate: Too dangerous.

Y/N and Jason reload their pistols setting them to automatic.

Clint: So, this, uh, this holiday party tonight, is it a fancy thing?

Kate: Yeah. Formal.

Clint: You know, you don't have to do this. It is part of the job. It's always inconvenient. It's lonely. You will get hurt. Heroes have to make some tough decisions. So, if you're gonna do this... I just wanna know you're ready.

Kate: When I was younger, aliens invaded. And I was alone. And I was terrified. But then I saw you, fighting aliens with a stick and a string. I saw you jump from that building even though you can't fly, even though you don't have superpowers. And I thought, "If he could do that, then I didn't have to be scared". You showed me that being a hero isn't just for people who can fly or shoot lasers out of their hands, it's for anyone who's brave enough to do what's right, no matter the cost. I'm ready.

Night came and all of the Tracksuit Mafia began to arrive at Rockefeller Center.

Kazi: I'm in position. If the Bishop woman escapes, be ready.

Ivan: We're on the route. Tomas has east exits, I have west.

Y/N, Clint, Kate, and Jason all walk together and into the party.

Kate: I don't see my mom yet.

Clint: Why don't you tell me what you do see? What are our assets, what are our threats?