Chapter 37 Hunt For Thanos

Everyone except Tony boarded the ship and we all sat down. Rocket looks at us.

Rocket: Okay, who here hasn't been to space?

Nat, Cap, and Rhodey raise their hands.

Rhodey: Why?

Rocket: You better not throw up on my ship.

Nebula: Approaching jump in 3... 2... 1!

The ship jumps forward into a wormhole, I look on in amazement. The ship stops and we see a planet. Carol exits the ship and looks at us.

Carol: I'll head down for recon.

I sat there waiting and Natasha walked up to me.

Natasha: This is going to work Y/N.

"I know."

Natasha holds my hand, and we see Carol come back towards us.

Carol: No satellites, no ships, no armies, no ground defenses of any kind. It's just him.

Nebula: And that's enough.

Natasha gave me my helmet and I put it on.

"Let's kill this bastard."

We land on the planet, and I see Thanos armor as a scarecrow. We all waited for Carol to attack when she did Bruce in the Hulkbuster armor burst from the ground and grab Thanos' Infinity Gauntlet arm. Thor flies in and slices off the Infinity Gauntlet. Rhodey flies down with Rocket. I go into the shed and pull out my two pistols and the three of us aim at Thanos' head. Cap walks in with Natasha right behind him, staring murderously at Thanos. Rocket goes over to the sliced off Infinity Gauntlet, and kicks it over... The stones are not in the gauntlet.

Rocket: Oh no.

I look at Thanos.

"Where are the stones!"

Carol: Answer the question!

Thanos: The universe required correction. After that, the stones served no purpose, beyond temptation.

Bruce: You murdered trillions!

Bruce pushes Thanos to the ground.

Thanos: You should be grateful.

I then pistol whipped him in the face.

Natasha: Where are the Stones?

Thanos: Gone. Reduced to atoms.

Bruce: You used them two days ago!

Thanos: I used the stones to destroy the stones. It nearly killed me. But the work is done. It always will be. I am... inevitable.

Rhodey: We have to tear this place apart, he-he-he has to be lying.

Nebula: My father has many things. A liar is not one of them.

Thanos: Ah, thank you, daughter. Perhaps I treated you too harshly.

Thor then summoned Stormbreaker and he sliced Thanos' head off. Thanos' limp body falls to the floor. Nebula wipes off some of the blood spatter.

Rocket: What... What did you do?

Thor: I went for the head.

I went up to Thanos' body and I fired my entire clip into his body. I then lowered my pistols.

"Good riddance."

Me and Thor walked out, and we waited for everyone else to come out and we all went back to earth...

5 Years Later...

I woke up in my bed and I got up getting ready for the day. I look at my counter and I see my new mask.

My old helmet was damaged beyond repair, so I made a new one

My old helmet was damaged beyond repair, so I made a new one. I looked at three pictures: one of them was of Wanda, the other one of Maria and the last one was of my family. I went downstairs and saw my grandpa getting ready for the day.

"Morning Grandpa."

Grandpa: Morning Kiddo.

"Grandpa, I'm twenty-nine years old. I'm pretty sure I'm too old for kiddo."

Grandpa: Sorry.

"It's fine."

I've been staying with grandpa for five years. After I returned to earth, I found grandpa and he let me stay with him. I'm no longer wanted by the government considering they have bigger problems to deal with. I'm still Red Hood but I don't do big crimes considering it rarely happens.

Grandpa: I know that face, you're thinking of something.

"Can I trust you not to say nothing?"

Grandpa: Of course.

I pulled out three ring boxes.

Grandpa: Are you going to?

"Yeah... Been thinking about it for a while. The two other rings I'm going to put on Wanda's and Maria's grave."

Grandpa: She'll say yes, I know she will.

I nod and I hug my grandpa. I then hear a knock and Grandpa looks through the window.

Grandpa: It's Nat!

I ran upstairs and put the ring boxes in my drawer. I went downstairs and Natasha was let in.

"Nat what are you doing here?"

Natasha: I came to talk with you.

"About?"

Natasha: There might be a way to bring everyone back.

"Nat... Don't..."

Natasha: Don't what?

"Don't give me hope. Part of me has not moved on. I never had the chance to forgive my family."

Natasha: But what if you can?

I think for a moment, and I look at Nat and I nod. I go up to my room and put on my outfit and my helmet. Me and Nat walk out but Grandpa stops us.

Grandpa: I'm coming.

"Grandpa-"

Grandpa: I want to help.

I nod and we all go to the Avengers Compound.