"She only likes you because you spoil her with expensive toys," I sat up straight, my voice laced with jealousy as I rolled my eyes..

It was no surprise that Willow preferred Harry over me, she almost never leaves his side. I think she feels more at comfort with him than me, I don't know why, maybe she just picks up on my anxious state sometimes where as Harry has been calm all month.

My bare feet touch the warm grass, walking towards the glass doors that led to the kitchen. I slide them wide open, using both hands to drag the glass aside. My nostrils are immediately hit with the sweet smell of coffee and pancakes.

I spin around on my heel, watching Harry carefully as he slides the door closed with one hand, while the other is used to hold Willow.

"I smell jealousy, Liz," Harry chuckles, putting Willow down onto the marble floor.

"I'm not jealous," I raise my eyebrows, "I'm just pointing out that if it wasn't for you spoiling her, she would've liked me more."

"Mhm," he hums under his breath, stepping right in front of me. His right hand reaches over to my face, holding my jaw gently as he places his other hand on my waist. I melt into his touch, my whole world explodes once he kisses me softly.

I'll never get quite used to him being this gentle with me, this type of tenderness felt unusual to me. It felt so surreal I almost didn't know how to react.

"I'll see you tonight," he breathes out. I explode with Euphoria under his touch, my heart beating a thousand times stronger once I feel his lips on mine again.

"Please be safe," I pull away too quickly. My forehead rests on his, my eyes closed shut as I try to relax into his touch. This felt too intimate, it was starting to scare me. I choked down the worry in my voice as I pull away, looking at him with serious eyes, "Promise me you'll be safe."

"I promise," his breathing is quick and tired. He leans in again to kiss me, but I pull away quickly. His smile turns into a frown, but he doesn't say anything about my sudden rejection. "I'll be back by midnight."

Why do I keep ruining everything good in my life?

I've lived inside this bubble for the past month, I sheltered myself from the outside world, I built a shield around me that protected me from the harsh reality that was trying to tear me down. I lived inside this fantasy, got lost in a made up world to the point where I almost forgot about the sad reality waiting for me out there. At least I felt happy, even if it was temporary.

I was living in a fantasy world, Harry wasn't.

The galas were thankfully over, but tragically that didn't mean that Whelve would disappear too. Ecstasy was called in for a job and since they are signed to a contract there was no refusing it, and there was no getting out of it.

I pleaded for Harry to tell me the details of the job, where it would be held and what it was, but no amount of pleading changed his mind.

I wish there was a possible way for them to finally leave Whelve, but sadly there was none.

You leave Whelve, you die.

I give him a small smile, hugging him before he starts walking away. Willow is quick to run after him, her little paws running behind him as she tries her best to catch up.

I pick her up before she can reach the front door and run outside again. Last time she ran out the front door we spent half an hour looking for her, only for her to be sleeping peacefully behind one of the bushes.

I hold her gently in one arm, the other brushing behind her ear, "Don't forget that I'm the one who lets you sleep in bed with us, Willow."

I walk back into the living room, gently purring Willow down on the marble floor. I let her jump on the white couch as I make my way into the kitchen, my stomach sounding with hunger as I reach the kitchen.