Old Days PT.2

POV CHAEYOUNG

We arrived at the nightclub that they discussed so much the whole way and the place was actually incredible. I can't say if it was better than before, when Mina lived here, but it was definitely something special to notice. The fact that this place had already been their corner of doom made me a little distressed. I trust my girlfriend, but after what I saw on that avenue, I must admit that I was on guard, ready for a possible stumble.

There was something in her eyes tonight, a sparkle unlike anything I'd ever seen. She had all this excitement about what was coming next that made me shiver just imagining what it could be. But whenever I was about to give up on everything, she looked at me, and just in that look, I saw the Mina I know. That was all it took to maintain some kind of hope about the direction this night would take. I felt that no matter how much she lost herself, there was always something in me that could bring her back.

When we arrived at the door, Mina and Nayeon made themselves recognized by two of the four security guards who were manning the entrance and then the stories flowed freely. Mina wouldn't let go of my hand for anything, her fingers were intertwined with mine and in one of my disinterested glances my face lit up with the presence of her ring. Seeing it there tied to her finger was another guarantee I had. I was standing behind her body, waiting for our entry to be allowed or perhaps for it to be banned. But despite everything, I still have a bad feeling.

After a few more minutes of conversation we were finally taken inside and I don't know if I should be grateful. The music was incredibly loud and filled my ears so unexpectedly that my body flinched in response. Mina looked back, probably noticing my movement, and just smiled, giving my hand a light squeeze. I wasn't the type of person who loved parties, electronic music and drinks for any reason. All of this, for me, was just an illusion, no matter how hard I tried, this was not my reality. But trying it out for a night wouldn't hurt and it would be for a good reason.

- Chaeng, I'm going to go talk to the owner of the nightclub and be right back. - I didn't even have time to really process what was said to me, she just placed a kiss on my forehead and disappeared into that sea of people.

- Are you okay? - I turned to face Nayeon next to me.

- Do you want a sincere answer? - she laughed, leaning against the bar counter right behind us.

- It's already written all over your face, Chae.

- Is it that obvious? - I bit my lip in a grimace as I watched her confirm me with just a movement of her head. - Do you know where Mina went exactly?

- Probably talk to Felix. Don't worry, he's a good guy.

- Don't get me wrong, it's an impressive place, but nothing here smells good.

- You're scared! – Nayeon laughed.

- You are not? - I watched as she raised her eyebrows and took a sip of her newly arrived drink. - I thought you wasn't going to do these things anymore.

- What, drink? Calm down, okay? It's not like I'm going to lose myself in the second glass like your girlfriend.

- Wait, she drank?!

- Shouldn't she drink? I didn't know she was going to Alcoholics Anonymous.

- That's why she was acting strange... - I muttered to myself. Nayeon came closer with a doubtful face. – Wait, you let her drive in that state?! She almost killed us! - I raised my voice, making the step taken back.

- Calm down, I didn't force she to do anything! She listens to me as much as a wall, it wasn't my fault.

- You were with her, you should have done something. Because of such a recklessness that I almost became blind for the rest of my life. I don't know what this means to you, but to me it's not a joke! Imagine if she crashes that car, you didn't have that right.