Damn, You're Beautiful

We left the office in a much happier mood, this time Chaeyoung showed some kind of positive feeling about her condition. I already expected this, it was impossible for her to remain impassive like that for a long time, or even more so after such great news. Her eyes looked recovered. Only her vision needed to be exercised, as far as I understood and that would certainly be the least of it now.

To my surprise, she didn't want to go home right away, she asked to be kept as far away from her apartment as possible. I didn't quite understand where that sudden revolt came from, but the smile on her face gave me a hint that this wouldn't be a normal afternoon. We ended up traveling most of the city by car and on foot. The bad traffic didn't stop me from continuing, because at a certain point I was even enjoying this spontaneous drift.

Our last stopover was Central Park. I found out that in almost five years of living there, Chaeyoung had never visited the place for more than ten minutes. Which was absurd. New York was an incredible city, full of wonderful places, but one of the biggest escape points was the green immensity of Central Park and the fresh air that passed through there, no one should be deprived of enjoying such a thing. I decided that I would take her on a quick tour of the south side, I would never, this afternoon, be able to take her through its entire length, so I did what I could.

Chaeyoung seemed numb with such beauty, even if it was through my description, she seemed to let her imagination run wild, filling me with questions about the smallest details of even the lawn that surrounded us. Our hands were intertwined the whole time, I already mentioned how much I loved walking with her like that, didn't I? She was making me annoying to myself, the silly thoughts that came to my mind when I was next to her were intermittent and relentless. I was extremely silly.

- My legs. I don't feel my legs. - she cried for the thousandth time since we arrived at her building, even though she had nothing to complain about since she was hanging on my back.

- How much drama can you still do? - I rolled my eyes laughing low and thanking God for the elevator door opening in front of me. Chaeyoung was thin, but something inside her felt like it weighed a few tons.

- It depends, how much can you put up with? - Her arms crossed around my neck as she lowered her face to rest her chin on my left shoulder.

- Actually my limit has been gone for a long time. - I lied. If I told her my limits with her were frighteningly higher than with anyone else, that would be the end of me.

- So I still have a lot of drama with me. - Her lips pressed quickly to my face.

- You're insufferable.

I stopped in front of her door waiting patiently until she found her keys, but then it opened, for our surprise.

- Where were you? We've been here waiting for you two for years now. - one more dramatic one, no wonder they are such good friends.

- Dubu! - Chaeyoung shouted in my ear. - You know. As usual, I was helping Mina to be a better person.

What? I turned my face to look at the teasing smile that formed at the exact moment, it was as if she already knew my response time to her jokes. I snorted in amusement, dropping her to her feet and making my way into the apartment. Momo was sitting on the couch too focused on her phone, I lay down with my head resting in her lap making her jump in place.

- Who are you talking to?

- Nobody. - she denied doing everything to convince me, but I knew her too well to be deceived so easily.

- Is this nobody called Arin by any chance? - I teased seeing her divert attention briefly to me. Her scolding eyes on mine.

- Don't even say that name anymore.