Use Your Imagination

It was early when I arrived at the A&M Enterprise building. The day today was cold, worthy of the New York winter, everyone sheltered as much as possible inside their coats fleeing the numbing breeze that crossed the city. I didn't look any different, on top of my shirt I wore a coat and an overcoat, again I was all in black, just the gloves and the blood red lipstick.

I walked through the lobby feeling all attention on me. Out of the corner of my eye, I watched the necks bend to match my walk. I looked down looking for an open zipper, a tag showing, but there was nothing wrong. My last thought was my father, maybe he had said something about me or even framed me to those people. I hadn't doubted anything since the last time he had the police take me away from a nightclub.

- Good morning, Mina. - a blonde woman entered the elevator right behind me with a huge smile on her face.

- Good morning - I replied finding it weird that her gaze was fixed on me, what a strange girl. - Can I ask you something? Is there something wrong with me? A giant pimple, a lettuce in my teeth?

The girl laughed and I had the slightest impression that she was flirting with me.

- No, actually I think your beauty is enough to call attention. - bingo.

- Thank you, although I don't think that's the real reason for those looks.

- You really don't remember me, do you? I was only one night. - she threw herself in front of me with a hurt look. Shit.

- Sorry, I was a scoundrel back then.

The woman threw her arms around my neck in a completely unexpected move causing me to crash into the wall behind me.

- I kind of like you like that - I sighed trying not to get carried away by the impulses that screamed for me to grab her right there. Why do these things happen to me? - Pick me up later? I promise another night of good memories.

I took my hands to her arms in an attempt to free myself from her grip, but it was in vain and she saw it as something different. Her lips came directly to my ear slowly sucking on the lobe and making me shiver. This wasn't right.

- I don't think I can. - I grabbed her arms, pulling her away from me. - I have a girlfriend.

- That never stopped you before. - I squinted my eyes.

- Did I tell you I had a girlfriend before?

- Yes.

- I was really quite a scoundrel then.

The door opened and I left without even looking back. That was a huge test and I can say that I did really well.

- What good thing happened this morning? - my father asked as soon as I entered the room.

- Nothing much, you know, I'm alive.

I pulled up a chair and sat across from him. Akira was different today, whether it was his positive aura or his amused tone, something told me that he was also overjoyed and that was never good for me.

- That's actually a good thing. You must be wondering why I called you here.

- Since the day you called me, but I don't want to fight, so please...

- No, no, I didn't call you here for that either. In fact - he paused for a moment, reaching to grab something from under the table. - I called you to give you this.

A key crossed the table and landed in my hands.

- What is this?

- I saw this warehouse on one of my visits to the works and remembered how much you wanted to reform one to live in, so I bought it for you.