No More Drama

My mood had been completely shaken since I left Chaeyoung's apartment yesterday. I didn't expect in a thousand years to have the meeting I had with her parents, much less to be confronted like that by her mother. That woman aroused the most intense hatred in me just by appearing in my field of vision, which is incredible, because I don't usually dislike people before I really get to know them.

From the day of my father's party, my first day back, I received all her irony on a silver platter. And I understood it, in parts. My past condemns me, this is a truth and a consequence that I will have to carry as a burden for a large part of my life. But on the other hand, I should be given a second chance, everyone is worthy of one, right? I didn't come back expecting charity from people I knew, much less from strangers, but I did expect the least amount of sympathy.

It was after six in the afternoon and I was finishing getting ready for another event for my father's campaign, this time all the Myoui would be there and we would portray the good family we were to several strangers from all over the state. I was surprised when I received the call from Akira asking me to attend, he seemed stressed, reminded me of his old self.

This time I didn't intend to judge him, I was willing to pose next to him to give him my full support. But at that moment I felt more than ever what it's like to try to change and not be able to prove it to the people around you, not even being able to convince yourself.

I stared at my reflection in the mirror. The dress was beautiful, my hair was perfect, the makeup was exactly what I wanted. But even so, I wasn't capable of showing a real smile, I didn't have the strength for such an attitude. But then I laughed. I laughed thinking how stupid I am for putting so much in the hands of one person. I should be the owner of my emotions. But again, I laughed. Because I like to be the idiot who loved her so much that my lungs gasp for air whenever I think about her.

My phone rang, breaking me out of my reverie, probably my father. “Your driver is already at the door” was the entire content of the call. He didn't even wait for a murmur from me.

I grabbed my bag and keys and headed to the building lobby. Momo wasn't home today, she said something about staying late at college to study, which honestly didn't go down my throat. She was probably flirting with someone at that college and I would later find out who.

- Good night, Will. - the man behind the reception desk quickly raised his head and smiled when he saw me waving past him.

- Good evening, Miss Myoui. - I stretched my lips in a toothless greeting and only then did I realize that I was showing too much friendliness. Maybe something in me was trying to unearth itself that night, but I didn't intend to stop it.

- Good evening. – Changbin launched as soon as I appeared outside the glass doors, stopping almost immediately with the surprise of his presence.

- You're still here? I thought your work was limited to Korea. - I squinted my eyes, but he kept that impassive expression he always had.

- I have to thank you for that, miss.

- Why? - I pulled the hem of the dress to the height of my feet and went down the first step. Changbin abandoned his position next to the car door and the next thing I knew I was already using his hand as support to finish the last steps.

- Your father asked me to be your personal assistant.

- Personal assistant?

- Guard, better said - once at street level I got rid of his touch and straightened my dress.

- Does that mean I got a private bodyguard? I thought I made you give up after that night. - He glanced to the side before giving me a mocking smile.

- You're good, but I'm curious to know how far your skills go. - I smiled along with him, impressed by the sincerity of his words. For the first time we were talking casually and I must say that my anger was put aside for a moment, giving way to the intrigue of his challenge.