Strike One

The next day was busy, it was the day before Dahyun's birthday. The girls had agreed to organize a surprise party at Sana's house and now they found themselves desperate to handle everything. I had been thrown into this mess too by none other than my girlfriend. I found it was hard to say no to those asking brown eyes. From today, decisions like this will be made via cell phone.

My task was to invite some people, but I wasn't sure how to do it. They didn't give me a list of names or something, so I was lost depending only on my own knowledge to choose the right people. The problem is that I don't know the right people, everyone who came to mind was the worst partier in New York.

I decided I would do it differently and Sana would forgive me for any future damage to her house, but I didn't have enough time to come up with a better plan. I went to the main office and slowly slipped through the door, only noticing a man counting some paperwork. I came in exhaling a good morning to him, who reciprocated with good humor and put everything together by leaving there.

I crossed the small corridor and arrived at my destination: the radio room. Roger, an old acquaintance, was responsible for announcements given at the college, everyday things about events and lectures. In the past, he didn't mind doing it for me, even though they were mostly about parties. Dahyun wasn't in college yet, it was the perfect opportunity. I just hope he can still grant me this favor. I knocked on the thick glass that separated us and his attention soon turned to me accompanied by a smile.

- Ridiculous. - He greeted me with a tight hug.

- Bitch - I grunted, separating our bodies, my eyes rolling in their sockets and him laughing.

- I see that the said vacation did you good - his eyes roamed over my body, a bad day to come with my belly exposed - Are you more quirky or is it just me?

- Please, only if I had agreed to stay with you.

- You know you can still say yes... - he smiled smugly until I raised my right hand - Who is the cuckold? - I lowered my fingers, leaving only the middle one raised and smiled at him cynically.

- You reek of envy, you know that? - I lowered my hand, placing my side against the glass - Can you do me a favor?

- All for you - he winked making me laugh.

- Can you give a message about a party we're having at Sana's house? - He seemed to think about something. - Do you remember the address?

- Of course, kitten, in the usual code? - I pursed my lips, considering the fact that many would no longer be able to associate it with anything else.

- Do you think they will remember?

- Well, it's been over a year...

I stopped for a while, crossing my arms in front of my chest, thinking about how to make it more effective. We exchanged glances, looking for a way to give that warning without causing a fuss. But nothing came up and I was running out of time.

- You know what? Fuck it. - I passed him entering the small room then pressed my finger on the button that turned on the microphone and leaned towards him - Attention students, this is Myoui Mina. I'm inviting you all to participate in the biggest surprise party of the year. Tomorrow, at eight o'clock. Address will soon be in your hands. - I signaled for Roger to print some improvised pamphlets and he nodded, leaving my sight - I want everyone there and please don't tell anyone.

I smiled, releasing the button and thus ending my transmission. I took a deep breath, still happy with the adrenaline of doing something completely wrong again, I had forgotten what it felt like to commit small infractions. This would certainly reach the director's ears just because my name was involved, but I couldn't risk omitting it, there were still faithful admirers of mine at that college and that gave me the strength to carry out events like this. At least that's what I expected.