Hate you, Chaeyoung

I woke up with the sun hitting my eyes and a huge weight on my head. I tried to move around in bed only to find that I had the worst of hangovers, my body felt like it had taken several blows and every inch of muscle clenched in pain at the slightest movement. Surely this morning would be completely different from the morning before.

I opened my eyes a little and ventured to sit up looking at the empty side of the bed. Momo had gotten up and didn't have the heart to close the fucking curtain. I called her every bad name possible as I growled moving off the mattress. I held the cloth in my hands, but stopped for a moment looking at the view I had on the other side of the glass. That stone jungle full of colors, movements and rhythms had its beauty there.

- Someone woke up early - Momo walked through the door quickly going straight to the bathroom. I closed the curtains and threw myself back on the sprawled bed.

- You bitch, I just woke up now because you did me the favor of leaving the curtain open. - I groaned lazily. Face splayed sideways on the mattress and eyes closed.

- I imagined you would wake up like this, so I decided to innovate on your alarm clock.

- Idiot!

- You're not going to college? - Her voice sounded more cautious.

- No.

- Are you still bad from yesterday?

I opened my eyes quickly realizing the drama of the night before that went completely unnoticed this morning, but I couldn't remember much after the party, it was all like a big flash upon arrival at Chaeyoung's apartment. I strained my mind trying to search for an answer, but it was impossible. I lifted my face from the mattress, distressed while Momo sat on the edge of the bed looking at me curiously, she certainly already had an idea of what was going on with me.

- Do you want me to remind you how it was?

- I remember we talked and decided to go to her apartment. You drove like crazy through town and then a flash. I have no idea what came next. - I already spoke with evident despair, the long-awaited outcome escaped my memory and I couldn't be more distressed.

- Well, I don't really know what happened because you went up alone. I was waiting for you in the car, but you took a long time and didn't give me a sign or an answer... So when I went up, you were sleeping against the door. - she pursed her lips. - I think Chaeyoung didn't open it for you.

My eyes darted from side to side as if they were the ones searching my mind for the missing pieces of the puzzle. My heart was racing against my chest in response to my inability to remember. Why couldn't I remember what mattered most? I started to breathe heavily, resting my hands on the mattress and holding the sheet tightly between my fingers, my chest rose and fell violently and my throat seemed to close every second.

- Mina, calm down. - Momo quickly approached holding my shoulders. - Breathe slowly, you're getting out of control.

I tried to comply with her request, but I couldn't control myself anymore. I brought my gaze to hers in a plea for help since my mouth didn't seem to obey me either, and she understood, getting up and running towards the dresser. The sheet under me was already wrinkled and under my fingernails I could feel the mattress getting closer and closer. Momo came running back carrying my inhaler in her hands and wedging it between my lips. I inhaled as hard as I could feeling the air return to my lungs and my body relax little by little.

- Was that a panic attack? - She asked relaxing along with me and I just nodded in confirmation. - My God, do you still have them?

- I don't remember having one since I was sixteen. - my breathing was stabilizing and my movements returning quickly. - Look what Chaeyoung does to me. - The half-hearted smile disguising my annoyance with the situation.