The Peace That I Find

I woke up for what must have been the third time that night just to check on Chaeyoung's sleep. After her request to lie down next to her, it was almost inevitable not to do so, but then I realized that it was just an unconscious delusion. I decided that I would sleep on the couch, besides being a compromise for both rooms, it was also the closest I could be to Chaeyoung at the moment. I wanted to sleep with her, but something in me told me not to.

I peeked through the door and found her in a completely different position than the other times. It was fun to see that alone she would wallow in all the space given to her and when we slept together, she would cling to me all night. I went back to the couch, adjusting the cushions I was using as a pillow and stretching the blanket under me, the night was cold and my best source of heat was in another room. I made myself comfortable again and stared at the white ceiling as I felt my mind empty.

- Why are you sleeping in the living room? - Chaeyoung suddenly appeared with her hair disheveled and her distressed hand brushing her eyes.

- What? - was all I could say, I was a little scared by her sudden presence. Just now I had confirmed how intensely she slept.

- Why are you here? I don't want to sleep alone. - Her murmurs were like those of a sullen child and brought an unnoticed smile from me.

- I'm sorry, I thought it wouldn't be a good idea...

Chaeyoung started to walk and when I realized, she was already sitting under my waist, one leg on each side of my body and her hands being used as support to hold her close to my face.

- Why would not it be? - She was so close. Her hair flew to the side as she threw her head in the same direction, full and disheveled. It reminded me of our sleepless nights. - I miss you.

Those words took me by surprise. Our eyes locked as if in validation of our feelings.

- Please forgive me. Forgive me for doing those things, for treating you like that and for scaring you, I swear the last thing I wanted was...

I didn't even notice when Chaeyoung approached and put our mouths together, interrupting my speech and making every strand of hair on my body stand on end. My eyes remained open still surprised and, as if she could sense that I was admiring her, she slowly opened her eyes and smiled at me.

- It's over and I don't blame you. I also did wrong. - With one hand she tenderly caressed my face and continued our exchange of looks that seemed to reach directly into the soul.

The sweetness of that moment hung in the air and went far beyond any words. Why then did I still have doubts? Why did I still fear the future of our relationship? If she has so much faith in me, why am I not capable of doing the same?

Again I didn't reciprocate her gesture in the expected way and again my eyes remained open, still stuck to the reality of my fears. But this time she didn't back down completely.

- Kiss Me. - Chaeyoung asked with her lips on mine, her thumb caressing my face lightly.

- Chaeng, what if...

- Please. I need you. - Her lips dancing every word on mine and her hot breath stirring every part of my body were my limit.

I used my hands to hold her waist while I lifted her body in search of another kiss. Chaeyoung held my face and stood up with me, only joining our mouths when we were both sitting.

From the first touch, the intensity evolved into an exasperated desire that consumed us from the inside out. Chaeyoung tightened her legs around me, pressing her waist to my belly with all her strength making me squeeze her in response. Our tongues had already lost their grace, moving on to a hungry provocation.