Special Chaeyoung Pt.3

POV CHAEYOUNG

The two of us remain motionless, working on the emotions in our eyes. What was happening to me at that moment? My body didn't seem to respond, didn't obey me at all. Impacted was the word that best described me. I would never, ever expect this to be the person I'd spent the last month with, I wondered how that was possible. How did someone like her even have eyes for someone like me? I don't think of myself as unworthy or diminished, but now, seeing her exactly as she is, I felt somewhat threatened. Her personality perfectly matched her appearance, she appeared to be someone strong and wise, as well as absurdly beautiful.

Lord, how beautiful she is. I don't remember ever being attracted to anyone else in this way or intensity. The exact opposite of what I expected was happening again. My eyes didn't disappoint my feelings, my heart screamed even more ecstatically inside my chest. I can be happy because I have an incredibly beautiful girlfriend, both inside and out, right? Girlfriend. I smiled to myself in my moment of possession. She was all that, and that was all mine.

As my thoughts took another turn, my eyes were hovering over every millimeter of her body again, noticing the small details that I had not seen before. I could feel the desperation in every cell of me to have her close to me, to feel her in a different way. I didn't linger out of her sight and when I returned to meet them she had a smile on her face. I sighed. She looked even more beautiful smiling.

I didn't take another second, that smile was the invitation I needed to gather the courage to throw myself into her arms. And so I did. I ran like in the movies, I ran like someone looking for a prize in the distance, I ran like someone in a hurry to find their great love again. I ran and jumped into her arms, throwing her heavily backwards. I dropped my body weight into her grip and counted about five steps until we were still again. My face was embedded in the curve of her neck, I squeezed her as if she were going to dismount at any moment and I was intoxicated with her usual scent.

I heard her soft laugh muffled against my head and it was inevitable not to smile. Even with my eyes closed I could feel tears forming in, it would surely flow the moment I opened them. It was the third time I cried today with happiness, I didn't even know that I still had tears left to be shed. But I was so happy I didn't even know how to begin to describe it.

- I swear you almost killed me from the heart today. - she murmured still with her face in my head and only then did I remember that Dahyun hadn't told her. I pulled away from her body so I could look at her properly. I didn't want to miss anything. Her fingers came to my face wiping away my tears and then I saw, she was crying too. - I thought something bad had happened to you. - Her voice came out between sighs and I felt my heart break slightly.

I took her face in my hands and lifted her body, bringing our lips together. I closed my eyes for a moment, but opened them right away to admire her expression at the time. She looked serene and even calmer with my gesture. I didn't care if people saw us, I just had to show her what I couldn't put into words.

I separated our lips in a snap and leaned even closer to her body, my hands resting on her shoulders and my arms against her chest.

- That was Dahyun's fault, I'm sorry. - She lowered her head with her eyes still closed. I never got tired of admiring her. - You are so beautiful. - I thought aloud, drawing her attention.

- Chaeng, you're seeing - it seemed like a question, but it was a statement. I just smiled as her gaze flickered between my eyes, as if assessing what was going on in them.

- And I'm very happy with what I'm seeing.

- How..? - we looked at each other happily, her fingers went up to my face, lightly touching the sides of my eyes.