Safe Harbor

It was finally time to go to Chaeyoung's house for said talk. I was so nervous that I felt like I booked a therapist session for the first time. My fear wasn't opening my life to a stranger, but remembering my life until then. I was the type of person who would rather not deal with feelings than face them. The fact of keeping these things to myself wore me out in an unhealthy way and it got worse every day.

However, despite my fears, I was looking forward to talking more deeply with someone and Chaeyoung seemed like the best person at the moment. Sana was my friend at those times, not that I didn't trust Momo, but Sana and I had this deeper, more permissive relationship. This happens in everyone's life, no friendship is the same as the other and each one has its most developed side. But my confidant wasn't here and neither did I feel like I could take that out on her, since her situation was worse than mine.

I get out of the taxi and froze in her driveway. Dongwoon really wasn't shy when it came to showing his earning power, but a twinge of doubt made me believe that that was more like his wife. Speaking of which, if I was caught at her house looking for Chaeyoung she would definitely kill me, at least that's what I would do after what I said about a future friendship with her daughters. Until the moment I rang the bell, I prayed for Mrs. Son to not be there.

- Just a minute - I recognized Chaeyoung's voice on the other side and relaxed almost immediately. Air leaving my lungs. - Hi - the door opened and I was startled to see the scene in front of me.

- What...

- Minari, come in, I'm finishing changing the bandages. - She cut me off, giving me room to enter.

I opened a wide smile when I heard the variation of my name that came out of her mouth. I made my way through the door watching a stunned Chaeyoung moving from side to side. She seemed lost in her own actions. Her hands were holding what looked like a cloth over her eyes.

- Do you want help with something? - I held back a laugh. Chaeyoung paused for a moment, seeming to consider my sympathy, closed the door and took me by the arm, pulling me across the room.

- I've never done this alone so I'll need your help. - she went around the furniture with a skill that even I, in the fullness of my vision, would not possess.

- So your parents aren't home?

- No, dad is working, and my mom is on a business trip.

Ok, I was definitely more relaxed with the certainty of not being able to run into that bitch at any moment.

We went upstairs and I deduced correctly when we went straight to her room. I barely had time to notice anything before we ran straight to her bathroom.

- I order and you do, okay? - she said breathlessly.

- Calm down, what I need to do?

- Change my bandages because I can't - she growled the last two words, making me laugh.

- Relax, Mina is here - a smile appeared on her lips as she shook her head. - How do I start?

- The worst part I already did, you just have to tape each end of the bandage and press it over my eyes.

- Got it.

On top of the sink were already all the things that seemed to me to be necessary for the task. I hurried as fast as I could because she seemed to be in some discomfort. I don't know if it bothered her somehow not to have them or if she felt unprotected without them, but her body jerked impatiently beside me and it was already getting on my nerves.

After having both ready, I turned towards her and the cloth no longer covered her eyes. For the first time I had a complete view of her face, even if her eyes were still closed with some plasters, it was like everything fit perfectly.