Mine

Another week has passed and with it my preparations for today. We were in the middle of The Week of Stars at Juilliard, which consists of a week of free presentations by students to everyone else. At first, Dahyun and I were going to sing something as a duo. I wasn't giving it much thought since that kind of thing didn't really interest me, but I was willing to do it for my friend. However, due to recent events, I had to make a small change of plans that involved the help of all the girls.

- I always knew, Minari. - Momo repeated that for what seemed like the thousandth time in one day.

- I know, Momo.

- I already knew that too. - Sana shouted from the kitchen making me laugh.

- I think it's absurd that she arrives later and finds out about things before I do.

- Momo, I didn't say anything, she catches things in the air. I hate this - I shouted the last words so that she could hear from afar and then Sana appeared with a smile on her face and a strawberry in her hands.

- You love this. - I rolled my eyes.

- I hate it too - Momo supported me being hugged by the girl.

- Stop, accept me as I am. - she complained slyly making me laugh.

- Let's go then? - I got up from the couch taking my backpack with me.

- Uh, someone is looking forward to today.

- I wonder why? Do you have any idea Sana?

- I have no idea Momo, but rumors that someone will confess her feelings today.

- Grow up!

I snorted leaving the apartment being followed by the two who were laughing right behind. They took the day to fill me in, the jokes were the best and even I ended up laughing. I was in a good mood again, it varied in the wildest way possible and even I couldn't stand myself at times. Chaeyoung didn't miss out on waiting.

We got to the college and the place looked like chaos, classes were suspended in the afternoon to make room for the presentations, but from an early age it was possible to notice that there was a different atmosphere. There was a line that determined the order of people and I would be the third. There were hours left for everything to start, but my nervousness had no clock. I took a deep breath with each step I took towards the courtyard, Sana and Momo looked at me smiling, seeing the grace in my suffering.

Really, that was not commonplace to see. I wasn't the type of person who liked to expose myself, let alone demonstrate weakness in public. But what wouldn't I do for that girl? She drives me crazy as much as I swear I do with her. Chaeyoung awakened something in me that was unlike anything I've experienced so far, she had this power to put me in the palm of her hand and I felt like she could have me at her feet in a heartbeat. How ridiculous was that?

We walked up the halls towards our rooms and then I hyperventilated. Chaeyoung was coming towards me next to Dahyun, who was giving me a look similar to the one the girls had been giving me all morning.

- What's up guys! - she greeted us, but I said nothing. I stayed a little further back from the other two with my eyes fixed on the girl in front of me.

- How are you feeling knowing that you're going to perform today, Dahyun? - Sana asked giving me a side look. More jokes.

- Anxious, you never know who will be watching.

The three continued with their indirect conversation while Chaeyoung and I remained silent, limiting ourselves to smiles and nods. Even quiet she still spoke more than me. I wondered if she was aware of my presence, despite the strange weather betraying that she was, but the fact that she seemed relaxed made me doubt it. Was it possible that she didn't care about everything that was going on? Was she okay? Because I was so fucking confused all these days.