Happy misfortunes

The next day started early for me, at eight o'clock I was up feeling incredibly fresh and ready to venture out on my first official day at liberty. It was as if a weight had been lifted from me after years of preventing me from walking, and only now did I realize how stagnant and passive I was in the life I was given. Putting me in that position was like locking your bird in a cage or tying your dog to a leash, you have no idea how much it affects them. There was in me a need for freedom that, if it wasn't given, would end up erasing me, depersonifying. And I hate becoming just one of the crowd.

I took advantage of my good mood to kill the longing I felt for the city. I wore a high-waisted loose jeans, a thin white long-sleeved shirt, white shoes and walked the streets recreating my usual steps there. A smile went ahead, silently greeting anyone who crossed my path.

After a few hours, I noticed that all my steps took me to insignificant physical places; ex-friends' buildings, bars, clubs and more bars. I tried to search my mind for some place in that city that would bring me something good and I found myself walking towards the subway. I smiled at my totally odd but understandable unconscious choice. In a way, that subterranean place gives me peace of mind and has always helped me to think. There were many times when I returned from parties alone inside the wagon and I don't remember a better feeling.

However this time the effect was not the same. The place was packed and, as if that wasn't enough, it was packed with rude people. I left giving thanks to God until I came across the Juilliard building, majestic and imposing as always.

My eyes lit up as soon as I had the all-glass facade under them. Memories of my night of terror came flooding back, it was something that would make me laugh forever and would definitely be a story I would use to brag to my grandchildren. I looked for remnants of my actions, but everything was impeccably perfect, which disappointed me a little. I was hoping I could see what I did for myself since all my memories of that night came in jumbled pieces.

Not caring if I was welcome there or not, I decided to go to the external courtyard that was on the side of the building. That was perhaps the simplest place in the entire building and precisely what I loved the most. The space was literally a courtyard with concrete tables and benches fixed to the ground. Something very rustic and beautiful, at least in my opinion.
I quickly looked around for my favorite table, yes I did have a favorite table, I sat with my closest friends every break and the other students knew they weren't supposed to be there when I arrived. I smiled when I saw that it was empty, maybe they still knew it was mine. I didn't wait another second and ran to relive the good times. Ass on the table, feet on the bench and curious eyes on everyone passing by. At that very moment, a dèjavu occurred to me.

- You couldn't be sexier and with it less insufferable.

I heard a thud next to me. Momo threw her books on the table and sat down the same way I was. I leaned over a little to kiss her on the cheek and turned forward throwing my hands flat behind my body for support.

- Please refrain from praising. - I joked hearing her snort right after. - It's not my fault I'm like this.

- Insufferable?

- Sexy.

I laughed at her indignation, I love to upset her with that, it was like annoying a child with a silly game.

- What do you have today? You're highly smiling. - She leaned forward to face me.

- So you mean my happiness bothers you? - I countered taking the sunglasses to my hair to look into her eyes.

- Yes, because happy you means me being a clown. - I chuckled once more.

Lord, how dramatic she is! I didn't make her suffer that much, or did I?