Special Chaeyoung Pt.2

CHAEYOUNG POV

As in a sunny morning after a rainy dawn, my eyes were gradually gaining sight of what was beyond them. I wasn't sure what I was feeling, I wasn't even sure if I was still breathing, such was my shock. The last thing that crossed my mind when I got here was this. I knew it wasn't something from one day to the next, I had probably never paid attention to how I reacted after the incidence of light, I usually tried to cover my eyes and that was it. Today I wonder if this could have happened earlier.

I could feel Dahyun's worried gaze on me, she shouldn't even be blinking since even after saying her name she hadn't moved a muscle. I squinted my eyes a few times still taken by the despair of the moment and stretched my hands in front of my body. I closed my eyes tightly and opened them again. There were my fingers, all of them, shaking uncontrollably and whiter than I remembered them to be. I definitely needed to get some sunlight, I thought, letting out an awkward laugh that later started a low, disbelieving laugh. Am I really seeing?

I looked up slowly to the freezing white room in front of me. The pale walls, covered halfway with small blue tiles; a wooden table stood out just three steps from me where there was a computer and printer. I sighed in total ecstasy and turned my face to the side, finding a completely emotional Dahyun on the way. As if in silent permission, as soon as our eyes met, we both burst into tears with a smile on our faces. She seemed to know exactly what was going on at the moment and she shared all that emotion with me, it was like I could unload whatever it was on her and she would know how to act in the best way.

- You... - she couldn't finish, and it wasn't necessary. I shook my head, dazed by her current appearance.

Dahyun's hair was longer now, my memories were of a time when it spilled surreptitiously over her shoulders and today it reached just below her breasts. There were no more colored highlights, nor the usual blond, it was now dark. At that moment I felt that I had lost years and years of her life, it was like waking up from a coma and seeing that the world didn't stop spinning for me. I was living in the present day, but my head was stuck in the reality of almost two years ago and I had no idea of the gap between the two until then.

Moved by my emotions I simply threw myself into her arms and held her as tight as I could. I buried my face in her chest as we both still let a few tears fall. I remember living this same moment before, I found myself in the middle of déjà vu now. Me and her, sitting on a hospital bed, nervous and anxious, holding each other like the world outside was spinning too fast. But I knew it was different, because today's tears were tears of joy. Dahyun kept me snug in her embrace until the moment I took the initiative to pull away. I loved that about her, the fact that she didn't let go until you felt better. I smiled, rubbing my eyes with the top of my hand and wiping excess moisture out of them.

- I didn't think I was going to say this again, but you look beautiful, Dubu. - A laugh escaped my lips and she did the same. We were two fools in a hospital room.

- Don't think that just because you're seeing again you have a free pass to hit on me. - I laughed, running my unaccustomed eyes over every feature of her body and face. I didn't know exactly where to focus them or what to look at first. It was all so wonderful to see. - How are you? - She asked more seriously now making me stop my eyes on the intense brown ones in front of me.

- Sincerely? I don't know, I think a little silly?! - I sighed, rolling my eyes around the room for a moment. - I think in the same way as a child when they starts to walk. The difference is that I know and I can express my joy.