Raizen

Cold sweat formed instantly on her forehead whilst goosebumps simultaneously rose on her bare arms as Patricia heard the invisible entity speak. At her side, Josh, who became completely immobilized in the unseen entity's presence, fell from her grasp as his entire weight prostrated itself on her body. Stumbling as he fell, Patricia's eyes darted all around, struggling to detect the enemy's exact location. Aura shining brightly around her, Patricia's cyan eyes turned green as she searched for the unseen speaker. Blankly staring from his position, a slight shimmer rippled through the air, flashing in and out of his fixed vision before disappearing completely. Frozen on the floor, Josh watched in horror as low tufts of dust stirred on the ground as what he could only guess as Raizen's invisible form, closed in from behind. 

Incapable of warning the girl, Josh could only bear witness as the unseen being rammed into Patricia, catapulting her into one of the ancient bookshelves with great force. Caught up in the attack, he found himself unable to wince as remnants of dust streamed into his open eyes. Still maintaining her aura, Patricia rose shakily to her feet, irises darting wildly as she frantically searched for her attacker. Despite her best efforts however, another blow landed, this time from her side, launching her into the opposite bookshelf. 

"Where are you?" Patricia questioned angrily, recovering once more from the previous assault, "Show yourself!"

Clearly not wanting to give away his position, Raizen slammed into Patricia, this time sending her careening into the outer wall. 

Landing near Josh's position, she once again rose, aura flickering momentarily as she stood. 

"You coward!" Patricia said aloud, energy changing from green to a deep shade of blue. 

Seeing the wisps of dust circling back for another strike, Josh's ring buzzed audibly on his finger as he mustered every bit of strength he could manage. 

Powered by the unnatural energy, he shouted at the top of his lungs, "The dust, use the dust!"

Immediately cued by his timely hint, Patricia's eyes turned cyan, shining brightly as she focused on the barely visible tufts of floating dust. Noticing it's ever approaching presence, she dove to one side barely avoiding another collision as a pressurized breath of wind zoomed past her face. Flashing an expression of thanks on her face in Josh's direction, she quickly returned her gaze to the swirling mass of dust, readying herself for another attack. Realizing his advantage of invisibility had been somewhat taken away from him, Raizen stood still leaving only traces of dust in the air, particles once more settling onto the floor. 

"Have you finally given up?" Patricia shouted, staring at the last spot she'd seen traces of the entity.

"I have not!" Raizen replied, startling both Josh and Patricia with his invasive form of communication, "I was simply astonished with your method of discovering my location. Even I failed to take the unkempt floors into account. Well done!"

Confused by the sudden compliment, a quizzical expression painted itself on both their faces as Patricia slowly made her way over to Josh's position.

"That's far enough," Raizen commanded, halting Patricia dead in her tracks, "Do not take my altered approach as a sign of  weakness."

"What do you want from us?" Patricia shouted, standing a few paces away from Josh.

 "You are none of my concern," Raizen said coolly, "However, I am under direct orders to return him to the Devourers of Knowledge!"

"Devourers of Knowledge?" Patricia asked, realization filtering into her voice, "Then are you really him? The Raizen! One of the founding architects of this place?"