TWSS 40

Jupiter Ashtyn Hayes

We're currently seated on a large rock in the shadow of a tree, shielded from the scorching sun.  The serene river nearby provides a perfect setting for our conversation. I took Cataleya to this peaceful spot so that we could have a good heart-to-heart talk. 

There are so many things I need to express to her, as we owe her a lot.

Tumingin ako sa aking kanan kung saan nakaupo si Cataleya, her eyes fixed on the swaying branches of the trees.

Hindi ko maiwasan ang hindi siya pagmasdan. She's beautiful.

Her beauty is the kind that captivates you, making you want to sit in front of her and simply admire her all day long. Her piercing eyes may seem fierce at first, but upon closer look, one can see the kindness that resides within her. It is a paradox that only adds to her allure. Her nose, with its delicate point, is something you yearn to touch against your own skin. And when she smiles, her lips, shaped like a perfect heart, have the power to make anyone fall head over heels for her.

She is genuinely one of a kind, and I deeply regret not realizing this sooner, when I was blinded by my own foolishness.

In this moment, I am struck by realization. Cataleya has a pure soul, And I, in my blindness, had failed to see the depth of her kindness until now. Regret pours over me as I dwell on the missing possibilities to embrace her true personality.

"Ano tititigan mo na lang ako?" Mataray niyang sambit.

Iniwas ko ang tingin at itinuon sa ilog. "Where do you want me to begin?"

"From the start." sagot niya ng hindi man lang ako tinatapunan ng tingin, which made me sad.

After kasi ng mga nangyari, she never looks at me the same way before. The emotional distance that has grown between us. It is a distance that I deeply miss, yearning for the connection we once shared.

​"Alright," I sighed. "Cassandra and I have been best friends since childhood..."

Matagal nang nagtatrabaho si Aunt Tere sa Mom ko. My Father, on the other hand, had a best friend named Tito Yolan. They were inseparable. Madalas siyang bumibisita sa bahay hanggang sa sila ay magka-developan ni Aunt Tere. Their relationship blossomed in secret hanggang sa sabay nabuntis si Mom and Tita Tere. Both expecting a child in the same year.

Hindi sinasadyang nabuo si Cassandra. And Aunt Tere and Tito Yolan made the difficult decision to raise her discreetly, as Tito Yolan already had a family of his own.

​As a result, Cassandra and I grew up together, forming a strong bond and becoming best friends. We both had a tendency to be spoiled and rebellious teenagers, often engaging in activities that we should not have been involved in, driven by our curiosity.

"Tulad ng?" Naputol ang pagku-kwento ko nang biglang magtanong si Cataleya. Caught off guard by her sudden interruption. Her question hung in the air, demanding an answer that I wasn't prepared to give.

Napalunok ako at umiwas ng tingin dahil hindi ko alam kung ano ang isasagot sa kanya. I felt a knot form in my stomach.

"I'm asking you, Jupiter." she repeated, her tone now laced with a hint of impatience. I could feel her piercing gaze, urging me to respond.