TWSS 34

Cataleya Lily Abadino

I'm here crying at six in the morning. Without a doubt, my eyes are swollen, and I can't breathe through my nose. I reclined all the way to the headrest and put my back against it in an effort to find comfort in the chilly leather.

"Grabe naman 'tong iyak ko!" I muttered to myself.

Sumisinghot na inalis ko ang headset ko tsaka pinunasan ko ang pisngi ko na nabasa dahil sa pag-iyak ko. The knocking on my door interrupted my drama, and for a moment, I snapped out of my haze.

"Cataleya?" Nanlaki ang mata ko nang mabosesan ko kun sino ang nasa likod ng pinto, kumakatok.

I struggled to stand up, my body heaving with the weight of my feelings. I inhaled deeply as I turned the knob, trying to keep my composure and hide the signs of my inner sadness. Binuksan ko ng bahagya ang pinto, yung sakto lang na masisilip ko kung sino.

"Are you okay?" Bakas sa boses niya ang paga-alala.

I nodded at nilakihan ang awang ng pinto. Tinalikuran ko siya tsaka bumalik sa kama.

"I saw the blind hot topic." Pinanood ko siya umupo sa edge ng bed paharap sa'kin.

"Ahh yon ba?" Malumanay siyang tumango. "It's okay. Natakot ako nung una but I'm fine now."

"Fine? Is that what 'okay' looks like? Your eyes are puffy from crying," she pointed to my face using her lips.

At first, I felt a wave of confusion wash over me. Why was she assuming that I had been crying? But then, it suddenly hit me. She must have misunderstood my emotions and thought that I was upset because of the issue. I couldn't help but laugh and wave my hand, noting that she had misinterpreted the situation.

"No, no, it's not what you think," I said, chuckling. "It's because of the movie."

Last night, I had read about the issue that had been circulating online. I won't deny that it made me feel anxious at first, but that feeling quickly dissipated because I knew I was not alone. Natanggap ko na rin naman ang buhay namin kaya hindi na ako ganon kaapektado sa issue.

"Movie?"

"Uhuh! Nagising kasi ako kaninang madaling araw tapos hindi na ako makatulog kaya naisipan ko na lang manood ng movie."

The movie I watched tells the story of a complicated relationship between a couple named Sandra and Ben. Their journey did not start off on a smooth note, as Sandra was deeply in love with Ben, unaware of his prior romantic involvement with her sister. The fact that Ben never disclosed this information to Sandra infuriates me, and I honestly feel the urge to physically confront the guy.

"How could he betray someone who loved him so wholeheartedly?" Tanong ko kay Jupiter na nakikinig lang sa'kin.

"Chill ka lang yung puso mo." Natatawa niyang saad.

"Anong chill ka diyan? Kawawa kaya si Sandra! Biruin mo ginawa na niya ang lahat. Binaba na niya ang sarili pero ano ang ending?"

Ako talaga naha-high blood sa pinanood ko kanina! Ang sakit talaga sa part kay Sandra.

Sandra's love for Ben knows no bounds; she is completely devoted to him. However, little does she know that Ben's heart still holds affection for her sister. As the movie progresses, Sandra's sister unexpectedly returns, which adds another layer of complexity to the situation. Ben becomes confused about his feelings towards the two sisters. It is a difficult situation for everyone concerned, and it is alluring to think that the movie will end with a resolution that supports Sandra and Ben's romance. However, the ending is unexpected and unusual since Ben marries Sandra's older sister.