TWSS 33

Cataleya Lily Abadino

"Where are you guys!" Sigaw ni Shana sa kabilang linya, talking to Moshi.

Hindi ko masisisi bakit naiinis na si Shana dahil isang oras na silang late. I texted Jupiter about why they were late and she just replied dahil daw kay Moshi. Ang tagal daw gumising. Well, ano pa bang ine-expect mo? Normal naman na may ma-late sa grupo.

It's the weekend, and we had all agreed to meet up early to make the most of the day. Shana, Naza, and I eagerly waited for them to arrive. We planned to go on a picnic to a lake at gagamitin nga namin ang van na pagmamay-ari ni Jupiter.

"Calm down." Saad ko habang hinahaplos ang likod niya. Binaba na din naman niya ang tawag.

"Sorry, masama lang talaga gising ko."

"Hayaan mo, gulpihin ko si Moshi." Singit ni Naza. "Ayon na sila!" Tinuro niya ang kaliwang side kaya naman sabay kami lumingon ni Shana.

I tapped Shana's shoulder gently, a gesture intended to warn her of an impending confrontation dahil nang tumigil ang van sa harap namin napansin ko ang subtle reaction forming on her forehead – a crease indicating she was ready to unleash her anger upon them. Ayaw ko din naman kasi na ma-bad mood ang iba dahil lang napagsabihan sila kaya inunahan ko na si Shana.

Bumaba ang window ng driver seat at bumungad si Jupiter. She's looking at me while smiling so big.

"Let them." I said to Shana at nauna na pumasok sa passenger seat.

As soon as I stepped inside the car, I beamed with delight, my heart brimming with affection for Jupiter for some reason. Leaning towards her na para bang natural na sa'min, I aimed to plant a gentle kiss on her cheek. But then a flicker of surprise flashed across her face, quickly concealed as she effortlessly masked her true emotions. I maintained a smile and pretended not to notice her initial reaction at prenteng kinabit ang seatbelt ko.

Nang lumingon ako sa likod, nagkatinginan kami ni Shana at maya-maya lang ay ngumiti ito. She's on the right side, with Mochi alongside her, and Naza and Red at the back.

"You good?" Tanong ko dito. Tumango naman siya at tumingin kay Jupiter na nakadungaw din sa kanila.

"Sorry for my behavior."

"That's okay." Jupiter smiled at her bago humarap para umalis na.

I don't know what's wrong with me, but I can't help but sneak glances at her while she's driving. It's as if there's an invisible force pulling my gaze towards her, despite my best efforts to resist. I try to avert my eyes, to focus on the road ahead or the scenery passing by, but inevitably, I find myself mesmerized by her. Pag nga napapatingin siya sa'kin mabilis na iiwas ko ang tingin mula sa kanya papunta sa harap.

Nakakahiya!

As we drive on, sinubukan ko mag-pretend as if I'm engrossed in the music playing from the radio. But it's no use. My gaze keeps straying back to her.

Ano na ba nangyayari sa'kin!

I bit on my lower lip as I steal glances, quick and furtive, hoping that she won't notice. Yet, deep down, I know she feels my eyes on her, penetrating her peripheral vision.

That's What She Said (GxG)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें