TWSS 22

Cataleya Lily Abadino

"You guys ready?"

I asked and all of them nodded together. We are now here on the sidelines, waiting for us to be called. We're going to do the opening act for the basketball final, one of the big events of this sports fest. In order to show their support for the two schools, banners were raised from the walls. The members of my team were nervous and excited because they knew the stakes were high, but we were persistent in being determined to show off all of our hard work.

The air was thick with excitement as students from several schools gathered to see the two teams compete. Our hearts are pumping with nervousness and anticipation because we are about to perform. As we waited, I held their hands and spoke words of encouragement and support to help them focus.

Napatingin ako sa audience, especially sa side ng school namin. All of them are eager and excited to see us perform. Mukhang effective ang nangyaring interview kay Jupiter nung nakaraan. Tho may iilan pa rin akong naririnig na pinag-uusapan ako sa likod, but mostly hindi na pinag-uusapan pa ang issue na 'yon. I rolled my eyes nang maalala ko na naman siya.

Tsk, Jupiter again. Ba't ko ba iniisip pa siya.

Napatingin ako sa gitna nang mag signal ang organizer na magsimula na kami.

I turned to my squad. "Let's go Ashton U!"

We moved confidently onto the brightly lit stage, the spotlight illuminating our smiles as we began our routine. The crowd was mesmerized by our extraordinary athleticism, perfectly synchronized motions, and out-of-this-world enthusiasm from the first beat of the music. Our routine comprised incredible flips, spins, and stunts that seemed to defy gravity. Throughout the performance, I couldn't stop smiling! I had a great time performing!

The audience erupted with applause and cheers, lahat sila lalong ginanahan sa laban. The bands are beating their drums na parang wala ng bukas. It's echoing through the arena.

Pagkababa sa'kin ng lifter ay hingal na hingal kong niyakap ang squad ko. Pabalik na sana kami sa gilid to give way to the announcer, nang parang nakita ko siyang nakatayo malapit sa entrance ng gymnasium. I looked back to check if she was really there pero pag tingin ko wala naman. Am I imagining things? Wait- why do I even want to see her? Tsaka asa naman na manunuod 'yon ngayon. At hindi ko siya hinahanap!

"Catley! Tara na dito!" Napalingon ako kay Naza nang tawagin niya ako, ako na lang pala ang nasa gitna ng court. "Mag-start na!"

"Coming!" I ran to where they were.

"Grabe ang finals ng basketball 'no? Inaabangan ng lahat." Manghang saad ni Naza habang nakatingin sa audience. "Naka buo na rin ng ibang fans club from different school ang ibang member ng basketball team natin."

"Pati rin naman kayo may sariling fans na sa ibang school." Napalingon kami nang magsalita si Hunter. "Lalo na si Cataleya." He shifted his eyes on me and showed his killer smile.

Nagtinginan ang mga ka-squad ko dahil sa inaakto ni Hunter. They are aware of what happened over the past couple of days, and they are not pleased with what he has done. He didn't even stand up or show up for me. Kaya nakakapagtaka kung saan siya kumukuha ng kakapalan ng mukha ngayon.

"May laban ka 'di ba? Bakit hindi ka na lang mag focus sa game mo?" Mataray na tanong ni Shana.

"Easy, I'm just here to congratulate you. Why a-" He stopped when he realized something. "Is this because of the rumors? My God, Cataleya. I'm really sorry for not defending you. Naka-focus ako masyado sa mga naging laro ko nung mga araw na 'yon. Late na nga nakarating sa'kin ang balita." He said with the utmost sincerity. I can see it in his eyes.