29| Chapter Twenty-Nine

Chapter Twenty-Nine, Prom Night.

ALEXA MAE WILLOWS
DYING ON THE INSIDE - NESSA BARRETT

"Guys what do you wanna do?" nick asked as they made their way back to the room.

"are we going to the after prom?" mave asked 

"i don't know?" matt shrugged looking over at nick

"I thought we said we're not going to the after prom?"

"yeah, that shits so fucked, everyone's just high, banging or both" Zain said making nick hit his shoulder. 

"what he said" chris agreed giving zain a high five. "and lexi's not allowed to go to another party for a while anyway" he continued with a little grin as lexi rolled her eyes.

"what why?" mave asked making nick, matt and chris laugh

"oh my god, what did she do?"

"lexi over here got in a fat fucking fight" nick said as he watched there eyes widen.

"bitch you what?" zain shouted with a hand over his mouth.

"Okay, they're exaggerating. fat fucking fight is insane."

"No we are not, you really had to be there, she rocked her shit."

"only because she really pissed me off."

"oh my god, who was it and why?" Mave asked her and zain both sat up.

"This girl that really  wanted Chris" matt emphasised the really. 

"guys i swear i'm not a violent person, this is such a bad story to be telling a person i met 5 minutes ago" she laughed referring to mave.

"no bitch, of course not, you pop your shit girl, you're such an icon." mave smiled making her smile back. 

"literally this story is so gold, like it does not deserve to be hidden away like that." nick laughed 

"Okay so before that day these guys" she started pointing over at the triplets. "had a little photo shoot that chris had set up, at this girls house for her little upcoming brand." she started as she replayed all the events from the past few days to them.

"oh my, get it lexi!" zain clapped with a laugh 

"literal icon." mave said making everyone laugh.

FEW HOURS LATER 

"bitchh it's literally time"  zain said from the bed where he was lying on his stomach as me and mave were in chris' room, getting ready from prom.

"stop i'm nervous" mave said as she did her final touches on her make up.

"why, you and matt are so cute, i've been watching you both all day" zain smiled

"i could say the exact same thing about you and nick" i laughed making mave nod.

"so are you and chris!" zain shouted.

"okay i'm going to leave you girls to get your dresses on, i need to get my suit too so 'll see you at the reveal" he winked as he got up and walked out of the room.

"i'm so nervous" i admitted as mave looked at me with confusion.

"girl how, you're literally dating him."

"i know but I'm just, it's chris sturniolo, i've had the fattest crush on him since the 6th grade. i still can't believe i'm even friends with him let alone dating him."

"and you did that girl. you got him. you're the prettiest person i've ever seen and if anyone deserves to be with him, it's you. you have absolutely nothing to be nervous about, you're literally that bitch." 

"matt's lucky to have you mave, extremely lucky" i smiled making her smile too.

"now come on, let's get these dresses on, i can't wait to see yours"

"and i can't wait to see yours. i'll get changed in the bathroom, you can get changed here." i said making her nod, before picking the bag with my dress up and taking it with me.

I stood there, staring at myself in the mirror and for some reason, i couldn't find a single thing that i liked. the dress. it was beautiful but it felt like i wasn't good enough to wear it. it just didn't look good, and i hated it. what's wrong with me? i couldn't even go one day without being depressed. this was supposed to be the best day ever. my dream. i'm going to prom with chris sturniolo. why can't i just be fucking happy for once. 

"hey lexi, are you done? it's time!" mave's voice snapped me out of my trance. 

"um y-yeah i'll be out in a minute" i said before wiping the tear that slipped from my eyes. it was scary how the way my body looked, a single look in the mirror could change my mood this drastically. just a second ago i was doing my make up and talking to mave with not a bad thought in my head, and now i can't think of anything but the bad things.

"okay i'm ready" i announced, if i can't actually be happy, i have to at least pretend. i can't ruin prom for the other five.

"okay! i'm covering my eyes"

"so am i" i said as i opened the door.

"okay, 3, 2, 1" mave counted down before uncovering our eyes. 

"oh my gosh, lexi you look beautiful!" do I?

"oh my- you look- stunning mave!" why couldn't i look like that. 

"chris is so lucky to have you babe" is he though?

"not as much as matt is lucky to have you!" 

"stop, i love  you so much, do you want to go show the boys?"

"of course" no.

"have you got everything you need?"

"yep" 

"let's go!" she smiled as she grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the room as we walked down the stairs. 

"guys! they're coming down now!" nick announced to the house as everyone gathered to the bottom of the stairs. great, they all get to see how rubbish i look together. 

"omg babe you look so fucking good!" zain shouted as the all saw mave's dress first

"aw matt's blushing!"chris shouted making everyone look at matt, making him blush even more. "shut the fuck up"

"you look good mave" he smiled taking her hand as she got down the stairs.

"oh my fuck, you look amazing lexi." nick shouted making everyone turn their eyes to me. why don't i fucking see it.

"you are serving!" zain said clapping his hands together. i forced a smile before my eyes trailed over to chris. he looked so fucking good in his suit, he always did look good. his eyes were locked on me and not a word came out. did he see how bad i looked? did he change his mind, maybe he doesn't want to go with me anymore? 

"chris lost his words" matt laughed

"speak motherfucker!" nick shouted with a laugh. 

"holy shit." was all he said as i walked down the stairs, not being able to take the staring anymore. 

"are you okay lex?" chris whispered into my ear as he hugged me from behind and rested his chin on my shoulder as everyone went into their own conversations.

"mhm" i nodded.

"you know you can't fake a smile when i'm around." of course he knew, he always did. 
"you sure you're okay?" he asked one more time.

"don't worry about me chris, i'm fine."

"i'll always worry about you lexi." he smiled, kissing my shoulder making me smile, a genuine smile. 

"there it is baby" he laughed before looking at me for a good minute>

"what?" i laughed feeling awkward. 

"you look insanely beautiful lexi"

"really?" 

"are you kidding? without a fucking doubt" he smiled making me smile.

"you look amazing babe" i said turning around and pulling both sides of his blazer. 

"yeah but you've already seen me in this." 

"and yet i feel like it's the first time, you look so good." i whispered back, pulling him into a hug.

"thank you lexi" he smiled at me

"guys let's go now" matt said as he opened the door, everyone following him outside. 

"m'lady?" chris asked me with his adorable smile, as i held his arm.

"sir?" i smiled as we followed the rest of them. 

--------------------

I LOVE YOU, exclusivesturniolo.
don't forget to comment and vote, i love you so much.

i hope i've not lost any of you because i'm so bad at posting! you know your horrible at posting chapters when you see a comment that says, "i don't know why i said that, i forgot what this book is about"  to someones reply. i swear i'll try to post more!

only i can make prom day a 3 chapter process but i do hope you like the chapter and let me know what you think or any ideas you might have, as always thanks for reading!

ALSO GO FOLLOW MY TIKTOK EDIT ACCOUNT @EXCLUSIVELYSTURNIOLO AND LET ME KNOW IF YOUR FROM HERE IN THE COMMENTS!

MY NEW BOOK "HOSTAGE - MATTHEW STURNIOLO" IS OUT NOW GO READ IT NOW!!