27| Chapter Twenty-Seven

Chapter Twenty-Seven, tell em

ALEXA MAE WILLOWS
LIGHT SWITCH - CHARLIE PUTH

The day you and i have been waiting for, it was prom day. lexi couldn't wait for it, and if you told her that a few months ago, she would have laughed in your face. lexi originally had no plans of even going to prom, she didn't think she would be going with anyone let alone chris sturniolo.

right now they all had a few hours till the big dance so they were sat in nicks room, all scattered around, matt and chris on the bed, nick on a bean bag and lexi on the floor. 

"are you guys excited?" nick smiled as he clapped his hands together. 

"yes" lexi smiled back, looking up from her phone as matt and chris groaned. 

"if lexi's excited, i guess i'm excited too." chris said as he propped himself up with his elbows. 

"what about you matt?"

"yes i am lexi" matt said bluntly with no enthusiasm whatsoever. "yes, you sure sound it." she rolled her eyes

"are you guys going with anyone?" lexi asked, making nick grin a little.

"Oh my god, who, Harvey?"

"no, i'm actually going with zain."

"no fucking way," lexi shouted, covering her mouth before going over to hug him.

"aw i'm so happy for you."

"i'm going with someone too," matt added making everyone turn to him.

"it's not that shocking guys" 

"just tell us" 

"fine, i'm going with summer" matt said with a straight face making nick cover his mouth in shock and lexi's mouth drop down to the floor.

"no fucking way, tell me your joking matt." nick gasped making matt and chris burst out laughing 

"yes i'm fucking joking" matt laughed

"fucking hell, don't do that shit to me matt!" nick shouted, throwing a pillow at him.

"no but for real tho, i'm going with mave from my English." 

"awww, you guys would be so cute." lexi awed 

"who's mave?" chris asked

"she plays for the basketball team"

"oh shit, yeah i know her, she's cool" 

"guess what guys?"

"what chris?"

"i'm going with someone too. " he smiled making everyone roll their eyes.

"yes chris we already knew that" nick groaned.

"what the fuck, i just wanted to be involved." he sighed getting up from the bed and going to the kitchen.

"hey lexi, when are you getting your hair done?" nick asked making lexi look at the time on her phone.

"in like 10 minutes, i think"

"do you need me to drive you?" matt asked

"no, i'll walk, it's just around the corner."

"you sure?"

"yes i am Matthew, thank you, do you guys want anything?"

"no, I'm good."

"what about you nick?"

"nah, i'm alright"

"okay, I'll go ask chris and get changed, see you guys later." she smiled before walking into chris' room.

"hey chris," she said before opening his closet and choosing clothes to wear

"hey lexi, what are you doing."

"choosing clothes to wear" she said as chris got up and stood next to her.

"can i choose them for you?" he smiled as she agreed.

"Okay so it's hot so i'll give you, this and this." he said before picking out a yellow crop top and white skirt to go with it.

"okay, thanks" she said, taking the clothes into the bathroom to change. 

"what do you think?" she smiled as she walked out of the bathroom and did a little spin for him.

"i love it" he smiled as he sat up on the bed. 

"i love it too, thank you" she said before sitting down next to him on his bed.

"where are you going?"

"i've got a hair appointment."

"oh okay" chris said before getting up from his bed and putting a shirt on.

"what are you doing?" she asked, confused as she watched him.

"coming with you"

"What?"

"i'm coming with you."

"you sure?"

"yeah, why not"

"you're gonna be waiting a while."

"it's fine, i've got nothing to do anyway." he shrugged before picking up his phone and sliding it into his pocket. 

"lets go" he smiled, wrapping his arm around her shoulder and pulling her towards the door.

the two were now out of the door and walking hand in hand.

"why does it feel like we've not done this in ages" he asked me as we walked down the street.

"What?" 

"hung out, you know, just us two" he shrugged making me smile.