Sabaody Archipelago pt2

Start from the beginning

"So?" Luffy questioned. "Talking about it's a pain in the ass, anyway."

Shakky chuckled as Luffy blew on his coffee.

"I see you don't like to brag," she said. "What a big man you are. Monkey D. Luffy…you have the same surname as Marine Vice-Admiral Garp."

"Oh!" Luffy said. "That's 'cause he's my gramps!"

"That would make sense as Rosella is your grandmother, you have the same surname. You know, those two used to chase me a lot, a long time ago."

"Why?" Luffy asked.

"Because," Hatchan began, "Shakky used to be a pirate."

"What? A pirate?" Luffy questioned. "No way! That's so cool!"

"That was 40 years ago," said Shakky. "I've washed my hands of it, now."

"40 years? No offense but you don't look like it." Yukiko smiled.

"A woman's biggest secret after all." Shakky chuckled.
"And no need to say it, Hatchan," said Shakky, cutting the octopus fishman off. "I know. I know everything. You and Camie came up here on land to help Monkey and his gang get their ship coated, am I right? In other words, you want to ask Rayleigh to coat their ship."

"That's right," said Hatchan. "You can read me like a book, Shakky. Nyuu~!"

"Well, I'm sorry to say that he isn't here, right now," said Shakky.

"Huh?" Luffy cried. "The specialist guy isn't here? But we wanna go to Fishman Island as soon as possible!"

"Well, he wouldn't really leave Sabaody," Shakky explained. "Maybe you ought to try looking for him at the bars and gambling halls."

"Why look?" asked Luffy. "If we wait for him here, he'll come back, right?"

"Yes…eventually," Shakky answered. "He's been gone for almost half a year."

"Half a year?" Luffy, Chopper, and Brook repeated in shock.

"I think he's got a girl somewhere and he's staying with her," said Shakky. "I'm not really all that worried about him, to be honest. Going for away for quite a spell is natural for a former pirate like him."

"He was a pirate, too?" Luffy questioned.

"Wow," Yukiko said as she pet Pachi.

"That's not good," said Brook. "Perhaps we should go look for him. Do you have any clue where he might be, Miss Shakky?"

"Yeah," Shakky answered. "He might be somewhere in Grove 1-29."

"Groves 1-29?" Chopper repeated before he remembered. "B…but that's the lawless part of the island!"

"He's notorious too," Shakky said. "He can't seem to relax anywhere the Marines are looking. However, when he's not in the lawless zone, he's usually hanging around Sabaody Park."

"The amusement park, right?" Luffy asked. "Let's go look there!"

"Yeah!" Chopper, Brook, and Camie cheered in agreement.

"CAIMIE!" Pappug snapped.

"Wherever you kids decide to go," said Shakky, "be careful. According to my contacts, counting you, there are now 12 pirates and one animal with bounties over 100 million on this island."

They all look in surprise.

"TWELVE PEOPLE AND ONE ANIMAL?" Chopper repeated in shock.

"Monkey, Nozumusachi, Pachi and Roronoa make four of them," said Shakky, "so there are nine others. When you reached the Grand Line, you chose one of the seven sea routes and followed your Log Pose all the way here, am I right?"