Under the Sea pt 3

After tying up the creep, called Caribou, the crew was debating on whether to capture as sea creature or not to pull the ship.

While it sounded like a good idea to Luffy the others were skeptical until Yukiko spoke up.

"I think we should get help, part of the reason could be because the currents are dangerous and require a great deal of underwater strength." Yukiko said.

"........Why is it you make things sound more reasonable?" Usopp asked.

"Because she is always right!" Luffy smiled wrapping an arm around her waist.

"Hey, Nami?” Usopp came over as Chopper and Brook started working on “rehabilitating” Sanji to get him used to women again over on another part of the deck. “The direction we’re heading is slightly off from where the Log Pose is pointing.”

“Yeah, it’s fine.” Nami held up her Log Pose. “The right course should be southwest of where it’s pointing.”

“Yeah, it’s faster to go straight,” Luffy agreed. “Why should we take that direction?”

“If we did go straight, we’d be taken away by the sea current and get stuck by an undersea mountain or volcano,” Nami replied.

“Exactly.” Yukiko nodded. “Those can be pretty hazardous obstacles down here.”

“What?!” Chopper squealed. “Volcano?! It’s scary to be in the water!”

"Is there any stable current?” Usopp asked.

“Yeah, but just one,” Nami replied. “Everyone! It’s gonna get colder from here on out, so wear a coat or something if you need it.”

Yukiko already got her coat as she gave another one to Luffy. "The deep sea is cold. It’s because there isn’t any sunlight down here to give the area warmth, so it will get colder than a winter’s night down here. Its because of all the currents, though, the sea doesn’t freeze.”

“How do you know about that?” Usopp asked.

"Before I ate my devil fruit, I had Pokémon that can dive to extreme depths, and when I came to Sootopolis City, it could only the accessed underwater or by air." Yukiko explained.

"Not only that, all currents are connected,” Franky called over. “One current flows eastward and the other one flows westward. They could also flow upward or downward. It’s like a giant dragon.”

“And there is a bit of truth to that. Some people have actually claimed that certain currents are sea beasts of some kind,” Yukiko adds. "One example would be the Beast of the Sea, back home it is the largest underwater sea current that lies at the ocean floor, and it actually encircles the world, connected to smaller currents. It is protected by Lugia, often called Guardian of the Sea, a legendary beast that causes a lot of whirlpools off the coast of an area that I spent a year in forvthe Johto League. He can cause hurricanes with a flap of his wings, accidentally causing storms in the process.”

"Whoa...." Luffy, Usopp and Chopper said in amazement.

"Deep currents flow really slowly,” Brook added. “Once they flow to the deep sea, it takes two thousand years until that specific part of the current flows upward to the surface.”

“Two thousand years?!” Usopp, Luffy, and Chopper repeated in shock.

“Yes. That’s why there are a number of myths about the dark and undiscovered deep currents.” Brook said as the surrounding got darker.

Luffy laughed. “This is exciting!”

“Ghosts…I don’t know about that,” Nami commented. “But we are gonna get on a downward flow. That’s how we get to the deep sea.”

The mention of the currents seemed to go over the most of the boys’ heads, because they all stared blankly out at the darkening sea.

Nami huffed. “You guys didn’t understand a bit of what I said, did you?”

I snorted. “Since when do they ever?”

Brook laughed. “Do you want to sing, Nami-san?”

“Shut up!”

"Though this darkness could be a problem. Come out Bubblespark!" Yukiko took out a pokeball and her Chinchou came out. "Can you give us some light sweetie?" Yukiko asked as Bubblespark nodded and turned on its antennae providing some light.

"Wow! Which Pokémon is that?" Franky asked.

Cue Sparks.

"Chinchou, the Angler Pokémon. Chinchou lets loose positive and negative electrical charges from its two antennas to make its prey faint. This Pokémon flashes its electric lights to exchange signals with others."

"An Angler fish? It doesn't look scary for one." Usopp says.

Suddenly, Yukiko looked up making her skin pale.

"Um, guys?" She said pointing up.
"Pachiiiuu...."

And as soon as they did, they saw the giant sea monster, Usopp screamed in terror. “It’s the Kraken!”

Usopp, Brook, and Chopper instantly went into total panics, screaming and running around the front deck.

“Looks like he broke a lot of ships!” Franky noted. “Ships that had left for the New World have been attacked!”

“Please! I don’t wanna die!” Caribou begged, coming up onto the front deck. “Go back! If you just wait for a few days, it would—“

“Shut up!” Luffy shot back. “I have a good idea!”

............

“Let’s tame him!”

“Huh?” came the collective response from the others.

“What did you say, Luffy?!”

“Let’s tame the octopus and make him pull our ship!”

“Good idea,” Yukiko agreed.

“Don’t encourage him!” Usopp roared back.

“Why? I’ve gained the help and loyalty of Legendary Pokémon and Kyogre is definitely about as big as that Kraken down there, so why not?” Yukiko smiled.

Although Usopp was yelling that it would be impossible, the crew knew it wouldn't be easy.

Except for Yukiko.

"Alright, we can do this the easy way or the hard way." Yukiko said.

"What's the easy way?" Usopp asked.

Yukiko smiled as she took out a Pokeball and out came a little Pokémon that looked like a sea angel.

Cue Sparks.

"Manaphy the Seafaring Pokémon.
Born on a cold seafloor, it will swim great distances to return to its birthplace. It is born with a wondrous power that lets it bond with any kind of creature. Legends refer to this Pokémon as the Prince of the Sea."

"This little guy?" Zoro asked.

"Either him or let Luffy handle it." Yukiko smiled as Luffy grinned.

Usopp groaned.
-----------
Yukiko let Manaphy float over to the Kraken as he looked fierce.

But then Manaphy started singing.

And the Kraken became relaxed and smiled.

"So cool!" Luffy and Chopper said amazed.

"Amazing, Manaphy's singing tamed him." Robin said.

"Now I can understand why he's called the Prince of the Sea." Brook said.

Usopp and even Caribou just gaped in shock as the crew now had someone to get them to Fishman Island.
-------------
We'll be at Fish-Man Island in the next chapter, so be ready!

Plz comment!