Toriko/One Piece Episode 2

The day started off as smooth sailing until Chopper had suddenly collapsed.

He had an illness called Deep Sea Fever, which turns people as blue as the sea. Poor thing could barely move.

As Chopper was talking about the Seafood Fruit, Luffy jumped into the Sea as the crew yelled.

Thankfully, they found him alright, but Yukiko recognized two figures on a rowboat.

"Hey! Toriko! Komatsu!" Yukiko smiled.
-------
Chopper-san is sick?" Komatsu said as he and Toriko stood on the deck of the Thousand Sunny.

"It's called Deep Sea Fever. It's a sickness that strikes sailors on voyages. It makes you get gradually colder, like the sea." Chopper managed to pant out.

"He says that the Seafood Fruit can cure it," Nami said as she sat right next to Chopper.

"Seafood Fruit." Toriko repeated

"They say it's in the ocean, so Luffy dove into the ocean without a second thought." a man with a long nose told them.

"Toriko, you know a lot about food," Luffy turned to the blue haired man, "Do you know anything about the Seafood Fruit?"

"I've heard about it, it's said that it can be found on an island abundant in Chinese ingredients. Chinese Tower Island."

"Chinese Tower Island?" Sanji repeated

"They say it's the home to many celicious, healthy foods, and natural cures." Toriko elaborated, "The Seafood Fruit is a legendary fruit said to hold the flavors of of lobster, sea bream, pufferfish, and many other delights of the sea. The thought of it just makes my mouth water." Toriko said drooling.

"GREAT! Then we're setting sail for Chinese Tower Island!" Luffy yelled gaining a confirmation from his crew.

-----
"Hey, I think I see it!" Yukiko said as she was looking through a spyglass before handing it to Usopp.

"Yup, that's the island." Toriko commented, his eyes were closed as he took a sniff of the air, "I can smell the ingredients from here."

"It looks like there's some kind of wall up there, are there people there?" the long nosed man said.

"Long ago, there were humans there, but they all fled," Toriko explained, "the ingredients that grow on that island are also medicinal, one of the main reasons why people started to live there was to get those ingredients. But the people were harming the ecosystem so the beasts all chased them off the island."

"What kind of beasts are living there?!" Usopp exclaimed.
-------
"Are you sure you don't want to stay on the ship, Chopper? Moving around all the time, can't be good for your condition." Komatsu said.

"It's fine, besides I'm the only one who knows what the Seafood Fruit looks like. I was able to see a picture of it at the library in the Torino Kingdom, Toriko says he's never seen it either."

Before anyone could say anything else, they all felt a gust of wind. Komatsu and Nami looked up to see some kind of bird heading towards them. In a blink of an eye Terry had grabbed both Komatsu and Nami, jumping out of the way from the oncoming creature.

"What was that?" Nami managed to say as Terry set her down.

It was a large black bird that was about the size of an average human, wearing martial arts gi.

"Awesome! Are they using kung fu!" Luffy exclaimed with stars in his eyes.

"Kung Fu Mynah Birds." Toriko said gaining confused looks from everyone else, "Normal mynah birds mimic voices, but these guys mimic movements. So these guys mimic the kung fu of the people used to live here."