Sabaody Archipelago pt 1

Finally the Sunny made it to Sabaody Archipelago. It’s beautiful.

Bubbles are rising from the island.

The Sabaody Archipelago was, unexpectedly, a series of trees growing in the middle of the ocean near the Red Line. The branches stretched up to the sky, sunlight filtering between leafy branches towards the ground in an otherworldly display of magic, almost like an old forest. All around, bubbles glowing in the colours of the rainbow popped and floated in the air.

Luffy stared in awe before exclaiming, "Awesome! There's tons of soap bubbles floating around!"

What's going on?" Usopp muttered, turning to Keimi. "They just keep floating up, one after another..."

"Who's blowing them all?" Luffy volunteered the question.

"They're rising from the island," Keimi replied.

"Just saying that doesn't really help..." Usopp muttered.

"Why?" It was Luffy's turn.

"If I may..." Surprisingly, Robin actually began. "Sorry for interrupting, but is the Log Pose alright?"

"Ah!" Nami looked to her wrist. "Oh, right... It's still pointing to Fishman Island, but... won't this island cause it to change its course?"

"Nyuu, you don't have to worry about that," Hachi remarked. "The Sabaody Archipelago is just a lot of trees. It doesn't have a magnetic field."

You mean trees with roots in the ocean that sink and emerge with the tides?" Sanji asked.

"That's right, lady," Hachi nodded sagely. "Although the mangroves here never sink. The Sabaody Archipelago is the largest mangrove in the world. They call the trees here the Yarukiman Mangroves."

"Pumped up groves?" Luffy grinned. "Yeah, they sure look like they're excited! I'm getting excited too!"

"In all, there are seventy-nine trees, and all of them are like small islands," Hachi continued to explain. There are towns or other structures on each one. All of the islands together are known as the Sabaody Archipelago."

"Huh?" Chopper noted as they passed a particular grove. "There are numbers written on the trees!"

"Yeah, each of the seventy-nine trees have a number assigned to them," Hachi agreed. "The closest grove, grove 44, is the civilian entrance, so let's take the ship a little closer."

"Now that we're seeing them up close, those roots really are huge, huh?" Luffy gasped as the Sunny drifted on its course in.

"They're pitch-black inside," Chopper remarked.

"Incredible..." Brook sighed. "Is that a bridge?"

"Yeah, that's how each of the islands are connected." Hachi explained.

"Oh, I see..."

"Yosh! We're here," Hachi called. "This is grove 41. This is where we're dropping anchor."

"I'm setting foot on it first!" Luffy leapt off on his way once the Sunny was close enough to the coast.

"Alright everyone, don't forget the number here!" Hachi announced as the rest of the crew disembarked. He was wearing a jacket over his shirt, hiding his extra arms granted by his Fishman heritage, while a bandage took care of the sun on his forehead. Keimi herself wore a long skirt, hiding her tail admirably. "Like I said earlier, all of the islands are connected via bridges, so if you remember the number, you won't get lost."

"Even then, there's one guy who'll get lost, right?" Usopp muttered.

"There is," Chopper agreed.

Both looked at Zoro.