Chapter 62: For My Sake

Start from the beginning

Bang!

Regular bullets won't be able to harm a dragon, but a bullet made from dragon bone will, and Neos was loaded with material after doing sightseeing at the dragon graveyard. The bullet flew right into the dragon's eye, it let out a roar of pain falling back, as the gate was finally closed.

"What happened?!" Neos looked over to Lucy.

"My spirit Crux managed to find some info on this gate! It only works as a time portal, however normally one can control which time one is going to! But with the moon eclipse, a special magic is coming from it affecting the portal so that it goes back 400 years into the past, a time when dragons ruled the earth!" Lucy informed Neos, who look extremely pissed turning back to glare at the princess and her knight.

Suddenly a white light struck down from the sky gaining everyone's attention. The light quickly faded as a large muscular man, wearing black armor with a red cloak over him. His somewhat long white hair was slick back, and he slowly opened his eyes showing his gray eyes. 

"That is... the legendary hero Ajax!" Hisui said as hope came back to her again, looking at the hero her mother read to her years ago.

The hero looks around seeing the multiple dragons flying high in the sky, then back to everyone. "It's this time huh?"

His eyes landed on the mages, before widening a bit seeing Mana, then he turned to see Neos. The two lock eyes both not saying a word to each other, as the tension grew just by those two alone.

White blue light glows around the hero's hands, as a twin pair of swords appear. 

"Those are..." Erza uttered shock at seeing the hero's swords.

"Hikari and Yami?" Mana finished looking at the red cloak hero and then back to her brother who pulled out Kaosu wielding it with his left hand.

The red-cloaked hero disappears and then reappears in front of Neos bringing both blades down as Neos brings his two-headed blade up, their blades clash breaking the ground and creating a massive shock wave that pushes everyone back.

"Everyone!" Neos calls out jumping back as the hero summons out multiple swords and sends them at Neos who is still in the air. "Don't worry about me! Try to hold the dragons from going anywhere too far!" Neos pulls out his gun firing at the swords and knocking them down before landing still facing the red cloak warrior. "I'll comeback to help you as soon as I'm done with him."

"Agree." The red cloak warrior said and they both disappeared.

"W-What was that!?" Hisui yelled out now confused about why the hero from legend was fighting Neos, and left them to fight the dragons.

"His name isn't Ajax, that's just what others suddenly call him because he never says his name." Levy answered. "I could tell you more about it but first, we have a more pressing matter to worry about."

This snaps the princess out of her shock although her body is still shaking, she slowly gets up.

"How many dragons got through?" Arcaidos asked a royal guard.

"Nine sir!" The guard replied as they looked out on the town seeing it being torn down bit by bit.

"You foiled my plans, Lucy, Yukino. But nine dragons are still plenty enough." Future Rogue appeared from a shadow with a malicious smirk on his face.

"Rouge...sama?" Yukino questioned in bewilderment upon seeing Rogue, although something was different.

"What did you do to Natsu?!" Lucy hissed at him with anger.

"Nothing, thanks to him interfering. I must say, I did not expect this, that a timeline can be this different to my own. Well like I said, nine will do fine, to be honest I couldn't control 10,000." Rogue smirked.