Chapter 17: Jellal

They readied their blades and charged, as they leaped in the air the strike of their blades were heard and they landed on the opposite side of each other. One of Erza's swords cracked into pieces and Mana two projected blades break.

Ikaruga: This battle is over.

Ikaruga said as her sword cracked into pieces.

Ikaruga: Impressively done…

She said as she fell down.

Sho: Amazing! You really are amazing, nee-san!

Erza: Are you all right, Sho?

Sho: Yeah, I think so.

Ikaruga: Me, losing… This is the very first time… since I joined the guild… Even so… You three and Jellal have lost…

Sho: What do you mean?!

Ikaruga: In fifteen minutes… The light of justice…shall come raining from the sky…massacre awaits…

Erza: Sho! Take Simon and everyone from Fairy Tail and get away from this tower as fast as you can!

Sho: B-But…!

Erza: Can you do that for me, Sho?

Erza asked with a loving smile.

Mana: But Nee-san-

With a chop on the neck Erza knock Mana out, gently holding her so she won't fall, Erza pick up her little sister giving her to Sho.

Erza: Take her with you, make sure she also leave this place.

Sho: Yeah… But what about you?

Erza: I'm going to settle things… once and for all!

Erza declared and walked towards her destination. Erza walked into Jellal's throne room and there stood Jellal waiting for her.

Jellal: My, oh, my. The game is over already?

Erza: Is toying with people's lives that much fun?

Jellal: Most certainly. It is around the brink of life and death that all emotions revolve. Conversely, there is nothing as dreary and barren as simply living. It's been a long time, Erza.

He said with an evil smile.

Erza: Jellal…I'm freeing your former allies.

Erza said with a venomous tone.

Jellal: Fine by me. I've no need for them anymore. The Tower of Heaven is complete.

Erza: Yet you don't care that it'll be destroyed less than ten minutes from now?!

She said directing her sword towards Jellal.

Jellal: Oh, You mean the Etherion attack?

Erza: You're too confident… So it was just a bluff!

Jellal: No… The Etherion will rain down.

He said and took off his hood.

Erza: That puts my mind at ease. If I simply keep you busy here for the next ten minutes…everything will be settled!

Jellal: No, you will serve as a sacrifice for Zeref and cease to be. It is already set in stone! It is your fate… Your destiny!

He said with a dark energy around him, they fought.

Jellal: Seven minutes left. Seven minutes until the Etherion rains down. Let us enjoy these seven minutes, Erza…

Erza: I no longer fear anything! If the Etherion hits, so be it! Taking you down with me is what I want!