Chapter 43: The Calm Before The Storm

"Fairy Tail! Is the greatest!" Natsu cheered in the background.

"It's over." Gray said with a smile.

"Yeah." Erza turned back to her normal armor.

"We won!" Wendy said with a smile.

Then Happy, Carla, Pantherlily and Ace came flying with crows holding them. "Help, us!" Happy shouted. As behind them were multiple Grimoire Heart Soldiers with weapons.

"This isn't good." Gray uttered.

"Curses! I'm utterly out of magic power!" Erza cursed.

"Same here..." Natsu uttered. "But I wouldn't worry."

"Enough!" Makarov arrived at the scene with the rest of the Fairy Tail members.

"Gramps!" Natsu said with a grin.

"Everyone!" Lucy said in relief.

"Master and Gajeel too!" Wendy said.

"You're all okay." Gray said with a smile.

"I see, so that's why you didn't look concerned. And the Tenrou Tree returned to normal, so the island's blessing has too." Erza said.

Neos just looked at the Tenrou Tree 'So that's what she did.' he thought still not looking at the Grimoire Heart Soldiers. 

"There is more of 'em!"

"I-Is that Makarov?!"

"Whoa! Look over there!"

"Master Hades..."

"...has been beaten!"

"Leave this island at once." Makarov demanded and they all ran away in fear.

Everyone celebrated their victory over Grimoire Heart. Neos looking at the Tenrou Tree.

Trace On

Neos traced the tree scanning its and the island's origin.

Trigger Off

He cast letting the info about the island slowly loading into his mind.

Makarov looked over at Laxus who avoided eye contact with his grandfather. "I am glad you came back. Is what you expected me to say, you nitwit?! How dare you set foot on Tenrou Island after I kicked you out of the guild!" Makarov scolded Laxus.

"Man, you're a noisy geezer." Laxus uttered.

"Aww, look he still has a soft spot for his grandson." Neos said teasing Laxus who looked away hiding his embarrassment. "Shut up, Faker!"

"And you!" Makarov's hand grew as he hit Neos on the head as he lay face first on the ground. "Don't get me started with you! Using your own life force as fuel! Are you trying to give me a heart attack!?"

"Calm down, Master!" Levy tried to calm down the short little dwarf of a master.

The Thunder God Tribe looked at Laxus and began shaking. "L-Laxus?"

"Yes! Yes! Yes!"

"You came back, Laxus!"

"Laxus!" They all embraced him in a hug while tears streamed down from their eyes and Laxus had a slightly annoyed expression.

"Obnoxious." Laxus uttered.

"Master's as harsh as ever. This is true manliness." Elfman said.

"Yeah, after all, he is still banned." Mira said with a smile.

"Well, I have a feeling the master will stay stubborn for a bit until he welcomes Laxus back." Erza said.

"All right! Let's continue the trial!" Natsu declared.