Chapter 50: The Grand Magic Games

Vergil rested on the rooftop of the guildhall as the master was announcing the first team that will represent Fairy Tail. He could hear the master announce the names of Natsu, Gray, Erza, Lucy and Wendy for the first team. Vergil looked up into the blue sky as he enjoyed the nice breeze on his face. He could hear confusion from the other guild members as to why Neos or Mana wasn't there, and the master would simply reply that Neos, Mana, Laxus, and Gajeel hadn't come back yet, making it sound like some of the chosen ones for the first team was because he couldn't choose to find the ones who were stronger.

As everyone went outside to celebrate the ones representing the first team for Fairy Tail in the Grand Magic Games. Makarov then went to speak with certain individuals during the celebration, those individuals would be on the second team.

As some time passed, most of the Fairy Tail guild members besides the ones who were chosen for the second team, left the guildhall. Vergil then jumped down from the rooftop and landed right next to the master. "So, who have you chosen for the second team?" Vergil looked down at the dwarf master.

"Oh, those two." Makarov pointed over to Mirajane and Mana, Mira looked at Vergil with a warm smile while waving, while Mana smiled seeing her older brother lightning element version, Ace sitting on Mana's shoulder. "And these two." Makarov said as down came someone crashing from the sky, and a bolt of lightning struck the ground in front of them. Once the dust cleared it revealed Laxus and Gajeel who had Pantherlily on his back. "You lot will be known as Fairy Tail Team B." Makarov said and Gajeel and Laxus didn't take it kindly to be called Team B as if they were worth less than Team A.

"I ain't gonna be a part of that freak show!" Gajeel declared.

"I don't mind entering, although being a part of Team B sounds insulting." Laxus said.

"Then how about this. The winning team gets to do whatever they want to the other team for a day." Makarov said and instantly everyone besides Vergil and Mana got excited and they all had a different look in their eyes, some sadistic, amused. "Now, Neos here is the information and the official rulebook for the games, take them and head over to Crocus, everything has been arranged for your travels." Makarov said and then went off to go with Team A.

"Tch, why do we have to go alone?" Gajeel questioned looking a little annoyed and was still unhappy about being called Team B.

"The Master wants us to be a surprise for the others, it is childish. Make haste you four." Vergil said as they all left together. 

Laxus and Gajeel don't know why Neos decided to use his lightning elemental while, Mira looks in awe, finally getting to see his third-stage elemental version for the first time. Only Mana knows the real reason for Vergil being here, Neos wants to spend time with Usagi, so he is separated, Core is being by Usagi's side while Vergil goes with them.

After some travel, and having to deal with Gajeel having motion sickness, and Laxus although he hid that he had it. They arrived at Crocus, the capital of the kingdom of Fiore, and the place where the Grand Magic Games are held once a year. They all stood in the big city of the capital, which was way bigger than Magnolia and any other city they had been in.

"Hey look, that emblem those five are from Fairy Tail." Someone said in a mocking tone as various people started to look over at them and started laughing.

"Seriously? The guild that comes in last every time? Just go home, Sabertooth is going to win this year like always!" A man said and everyone laughed with his mocking words.

Laxus, Gajeel, and Mira looked a little annoyed and were about to act when Vergil just continued to walk not even bothered by them. "If they want to laugh, let them laugh. They are nothing but cowards anyway." Vergil said and kept walking when suddenly in front of them stood a tall muscular man with long green spiky hair, however unlike his upper body his legs looked quite normal, he held his massive hair in place with a black headband over his forehead, his face was adorned in black stripes that looked like war paint, he had four vertical black stripes on his chin, and his massive shoulders and biceps are covered in dark tattoos. He wore simple pants with a large fur-rimmed tiger pattern around his waist.