Chapter 60: Final Day of the Games!

Start from the beginning

His words finally cleared up the massive anxiety the Dragon Slayer had been holding in.

"When we're done with all of this, can we have a fight!?" Natsu asks his usual smile now back on his face.

Neos didn't say anything only continued to walk away, bringing his left hand out and giving Natsu a thumb up.

"Huh, it seems that there is a brain in there." Gray said looking at Natsu.

"What was that stripper!?" Natsu yells glaring back at Gray.

"To think I get to see the day Salamander actually apologize." Gajeel said still laughing at him. And soon it turn into a fight between the three of them.

The final day of the Grand Magic Games

The sun was shining, and cheers from the stadium was heard as well as fireworks. "At last! At last, it's here! The final day of the wizards' passionate festival, the Grand Magic Games! Like it or not, only one guild will be victorious today!"

The announcer declared as the teams marched out to the stadium. First was Quatro Puppy whom were in sixth place. Followed by Lamia Scale, Blue Pegasus, Mermaid Heel, Sabertooth, although Sabertooth's master was nowhere to be found neither was one of the two cats of Sabertooth. And lastly Fairy Tail takes the field.

They were met with cheers, having regained their popularity compared to the first day. However the audience was met with confusion as Wendy wasn't among them, and Gajeel had taken her place instead.

"Are you okay, sixth master?" Mavis looked over at Makarov who looked slightly on the edge.

"I'm fine first master, I'm just excited to win the games that's all, and a little worried about Lucy." Makarov said although Mavis did not look convinced.

"You don't have to hide it, Neos told me." Mavis said to which Makarov almost fell over.

"T-That brat... he should have said so... I'm sorry for lying like that, please forgive me." Makarov begged.

"It's fine." Mavis giggled a little. "He respects me more if I actually act like a grown-up. Still, it seems we have a lot to worry about."

"Yeah... I find that understandable." Makarov nodded in agreement. 

Neos standing with his team also looked to be in deep thought. 'The Eclipse gate... something is off about it.' Neos thought.

"Is everything alright, Neos?" Erza questioned as the rest of the team looked at him, looking a little worried.

"I'm fine, just didn't get that much sleep last night." Neos replied, and they all turned their focus back into the games, and the upcoming final event.

"All right! The Grand Magic Games have reached their climax at last! I'll announce the current standings. In last we have Quatro Puppy with 15 points! Tied for 4th place, Blue Pegasus and Lamia Scale with 30 points! In third place, Mermaid Heel with 40 points! In second place, Sabertooth, with 44 points! And in first place, Fairy Tail! With 56 points! Show us your fighting skills! Your magic! And the bond you have with your comrades! The final day! A survival game in which everyone participates! Let the Grand Magic Games begin!"

The crowd went wild and fireworks were shot into the sky. "And for this final battle, the battlefield is the entire city of Crocus-kabo!"

"The members of each guild have already dispersed and are standing by."

"The teams run around town and if they encounter an enemy guild, a battle ensues. If an opponent loses consciousness or becomes unable to fight, the other side will gain one point."