Chapter 55

Third person's POV

One day, two days, three days then one week, the investigation is going nowhere because the Head of royal investigation Bureau isn't actually investigating. He just goes around in circles, makes things up to look like he is diligently investigating, but all leads head to dead ends,

The royal physician is still trying to develop the antidote, but it's a lot harder than he thought. Because it's the Queen who is going to take this antidote that he is making, that's why he has to be very careful not to harm her health any further,

People in the palace are starting to lose patience. Everyone is worried sick for their Queen's health. The more they're worried, the more they are gossiping,

'Consort Tzuyu is being very biased towards Consort Mina. Why doesn't she let Deputy Ma investigate the Consort?'

'How can Consort Mina hide from all the responsibility after Her Majesty got poisoned right inside her palace?'

'Consort Tzuyu isn't being fair.'

'Her Majesty is smart her whole life, but it looks like she made mistakes by giving all her love to one person who might be the culprit to kill her.'

'Doesn't Consort Mina love Her Majesty? She knows Her Majesty needs the antidote, but she refuses to cooperate with the investigation to look for the antidote.'

Mina heard and saw them all. These gossip are like oil just keep pouring into the fire, which is burning inside of her. Actually the amount of people who are criticising is very minor, the majority is still supporting Consort Tzuyu and Consort Mina. But when you are the centre of the gossiping topic, even only a few people criticising you, are way too many, and a gentle person like Mina, has let that get to her. The Consort is now like a living corpse, she misses the Queen so much, but she's not allowed to see her. She wants to catch the culprit to find the antidote, but there's no way she can help with the investigation. Momo and Consort Tzuyu told Mina many times that she needs to turn a blind eye to everything that is happening around the palace, but it's killing her day by day. Mina's heart is hurting because the famously kind Consort Tzuyu is also being criticised because of her, her heart hurts because people doubt her love for Chaeyoung, but what Mina can not tolerate is that people are questioning the great Queen's intelligence and her choices.

On the eighth day of the Queen's unconsciousness, Mina doesn't want to sit still and wait any longer, she decides to go to the royal investigation Bureau herself and accepts to be investigated. She wants to be proven innocent, and from there, helping to catch the real culprit and get the antidote for Chaeyoung,

'Your Highness, Her Highness is gone. She left a letter.' JiHyo runs out from Mina's bedroom with the letter in her hands. She tells Momo while trying to hold back her tears,

Momo immediately opens the letter to read, 'Momo unnie, I'm sorry but I can't just keep hiding forever. I can be criticised, but I respect Her Majesty and Consort Tzuyu too much to just turn a blind eye when people are criticising them. The more I'm avoiding to be investigated, the more people are going to doubt me, and even my love for Her Majesty, and I can't stand that. We need to find the antidote for Her Majesty, and I just can't make her wait any longer. It's getting more and more dangerous for Her Majesty's health by the day, I can't stand still and watch her life slip away like this. Please don't be worried about me, I believe the justice system under Her Majesty's ruling is a fair and straightforward one, so i have high hope to be cleared of any suspicion towards me. When you are reading this letter, I probably have arrived at the royal investigation Bureau already, so please just let me do this, just this time.'

The Queen and her National Treasure जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें