"Fine," He replied, "But they won't like it."

"Use what happened today as an example and set the line. I'll take care of the rest."

We walked up the stairs, "You know what happened to Rameen, right?"

"Ah," He let out a deep exhale, "Quite unfortunate that the kid died." His mood turned sour, "If I had the slightest idea she would get herself killed I would have followed her when she left the house." We reached the first floor and Azef closed the door behind us, "I had grown attached to her."

I'm aware.

Rameen had that effect on people since she was a bright kid.

"Do you think the Head Hunter might be part of some mafia group?" I knew it was a random speculation on his part and it was plausible as well but I knew better.

"No," I answered, "He's been killing innocent people, so he's definitely only a psychopath."

"I wouldn't have bothered with him normally but since he killed Rameen, I'm very ticked off."

"..." My silence alerted him.

"Matthew," I looked at him when he called me, "You have a suspect, don't you?"

"No," I looked away,

"Liar~"

I sighed but didn't answer him.

"Fine," He shrugged, "Be that way." He walked away, "But when they find him, I want to break him for getting on my nerves." Rameen's death had affected a lot of people, especially because she was such a jolly kid.

"Call the cleaners," I said and he paused to look back at me

"What about your little lover?"

"He's asleep." I replied, "He won't be waking up." I folded my arms, "I put him in the bedroom upstairs."

"Ah~" He caught on, "He won't be waking up," He let out a sly scoff, "Worried he'll run off if he sees this side of you?"

I let out a sigh at his words.

"We have enough trouble on our hands as it is," I began walking again, "Clio's a human and a normal civilian."

!!?

The sound of a phone ringing caught my attention as I got into the lounge, "And now that I've met him," I began walking towards the bathroom since the sound was coming from there, "I'm not going to let him slip away from me."

"Oh? Possessive much?" He joked about it.

"That's how we all are," I replied

Azef got his phone out and called someone, "Right," He brought the phone to his ears, "Can't get the chicky killed too now," He referred to mate, "One of us needs to be happy I guess,"

...

"It's better to have the problem with the deed solved before Clio gets involved in anything."I opened the door while the ringing continued.

There, in the laundry basket was the origin of the sound and I rummaged through Clio's clothes and found his phone.

The caller ID was displayed on the screen

Nolan with two hearts on either side of his name and just seeing that ticked me off

***

>>Cherelle

I walked towards my house. It was pretty late and I knew it was dangerous to be out this late but you never know how the time passes when you're out drinking with your friends.

I was still on the streets when I noticed someone standing under the light pole in front of my house.

Hmmm?

Who is that?

I kept thinking about it as I approached the light pole and he stepped in front of me to stop me and asked a question.

"Are you Cherelle Zima?" Now that I was closer, I got a better look at him. There stood a Chinese man there and although I shouldn't be replying to a complete stranger, I guess I was a little too drunk today

"Yes," I tried to stand up straight but felt a little wobbly.

"Hmmm," He placed his finger on his lips, looking at me like I was lying or something, and it continued for a few seconds and he seemed to be satisfied with that answer, "Then, do you know who this is?" He took out his phone and showed me a picture of a girl.

She looked awfully familiar, but I couldn't pinpoint who it was. The face was so familiar that it started to make my brain restless but at the same time, no matter how much I thought about it, I couldn't remember her.

"I don't know," I gulped to lubricate my dry throat, "Do I know her? Maybe, she looks familiar but," I paused and strained my eyes at the picture as if that was going to help me remember, "I don't know..."

"Well in case you remember her," He handed me the printed picture of the girl on his phone along with a business card, "Call me," I stared at the pieces of paper and then looked up at him to ask something but as soon as I looked at him again, a chilling sensation went down my spine and I forgot what I wanted to ask. But maybe it was just a simple question like, 'Why are you looking for her?' Because he did give me the answer to that,

"I have personal business with her." He spoke and I didn't feel the need to say anything more to him but still felt like just looking at him made me half sober.

I don't know what it was exactly but that man extruded a dangerous aura.

It was like he was out on a hunt