My little troublemaker

Start from the beginning

"Sir, I can walk by myself," I said

"It's fine, we've already reached the top." He replied and I looked back at the top with my brain in awe.

Damn, how strong is he?!

Matthew moved from the doorframe and Azef crossed the door, closing it behind us.

"Clio," Matthew called my name again and I flinched.

"Sorry boss," I couldn't meet his eyes, "You were busy on the call so I went around to see the house..." I fiddled with my fingers, "Didn't mean to be a snoopy person." I pouted my lips and kept looking down in shame.

"Now, now," Azef brought his other hand to my waist, confusing me again, "You both can make up after I leave." And he handed me over to Matthew

!?!?!?!?

Wait, what?!? What just happened?!

Matthew casually took me from the director and I was flabbergasted.

"Uh-um, excuse me?!" Why am I being carried again!? It didn't even make sense that I was carried up the stairs! "I can walk on my own."

"Stay still," Matthew ordered in a stern tone and I did exactly that

!?!?

And he then took me back to the lounge while Azef waved at me, "Have fun!" He didn't move from his place when we turned the corner and went back to the lounge.

It made me wonder if Azef was going to go back down again but I didn't get the time to dwell on it as Matthew sat me down on the couch and crouched on the floor next to me.

!!

He then looked into my eyes, making me nervous.

"Are you angry?" I asked softly as I nervously looked at me.

"..." He stared at me without a word, then stood up, "I'll get you some water." And then he walked away

"Okay..." I held my hands nervously.

Damn, he's definitely mad...

I tapped my feet anxiously on the floor.

Well, I knew this would happen. I glanced back at him and noticed him filling a glass of water from the water dispenser. After he filled the black glass up, he turned to glance at me

!!!

I shot my head straight again and continued to sit there nervously.

I came here to be a support but instead, I just scared him by disappearing...

After a few moments, Matthew came and sat down next to me, "Here," He handed me the glass filled with water and I stared at it. Because the glass was pitch black, I couldn't see anything inside.

But it was pretty with gold delicate embossed patterns.

"So," He asked, "What made you go down there?"

"Um," I gulped, "Nothing really," I nervously took a large gulp of water, "I was intrigued by the cold air..." He watched me as I drank

"I see,"

I stopped and parted my lips from the cup, "You're not angry, are you?"

He shook his head, "I'm not,"

I felt my heart calm down, "You're really nice boss," I brought the cup down to my lap, "I keep doing these awkward things to you and keep letting them slide."

"Hmm," He nodded, not giving me a specific answer, and that got me feeling things and I had to ask the reason for it, "Why?" I asked, "Why are you so nice to me?"