"Shut it!!!" He tried to put me under his grip but I wouldn't let him. His hands were roaming everywhere, looking for an opening but I was acting like a crazy lady, throwing my arms and legs everywhere to avoid him. The tussle made us both slip and fall further down the stairs. We rolled on the rough wet uneven surface, even colliding with each other where he tried to grab me but I slapped his arm away.

Right when we fell to the linear surface my elbow collided with his nose, causing the damage I did not do on purpose but was exactly what I needed.

As we both slammed on the ground, a loud groan left his mouth while I scrambled to get up. One split-second glance was all I did while I ran ahead again, ignoring all the cuts and scrapes I got. And in the split-second view, I saw his hand go for his nose while it bled.

I may have damaged it with my elbow attack but that was good. I got to run away while he focused on that injury.

And I didn't stop running, not even when I couldn't hear anything behind me but I did slow down when all I could hear was myself, breathing like a dog in heat.

OH, My GOD....

I felt my lungs burn.

I think I'm going to die... I was thirty and my legs were going to give in at any moment. The pain had started to kick in as well and my brain wasn't processing things properly.

Oh, Lord...

I even felt dizzy. But right then, when I wanted to sit down and take a rest, I heard thundering footsteps racing towards me and my heart did a violent flip. I glanced over my shoulder in a hurry and saw someone running towards me with insane speed, his figure visible in the distance. I gritted my teeth at the sight.

SHIT!!!!

Then pushed my body beyond its limits and ran once again.

The chase continued, even though it wasn't possible for me to continue it. My legs burned, and my lungs ached, but I refused to give in. I had too much to lose, especially because I wanted to gain a lot. I pushed myself to the brink, drawing strength from the adrenaline-fueled determination that surged within me. My eyes watered even more, mixing with the rainwater flowing down my cheeks.

WHY!? Why is this happening to me?!? Because I got involved with a mafia case?!?! This is too cruel!!

My surroundings became a blur as I focused solely on the path ahead. The sound of his footsteps reverberated behind me, scaring me beyond belief. I felt devastated and I wanted to start crying.

How did I get stuck in a situation like this?!? This is not the kind of 'two men are after me' situation that I want!!

But I kept running and just as I came out of the alleyway I noticed the city's canals. Just one glance and I knew I had to run straight. My heart raced as I reached the edge of the canal, my breaths coming in desperate gasps. The heavy rain was filling up the water and causing violent ripples in it. It made me stop at the edge because my brain had to double-think about going into that.

If I jumped I could drown. No, I would most likely drown, I barely knew how to swim.

But the sound of his pursuit was dangerously close, and it didn't allow me to think much. I glanced back at the man after me and this time I could see who it was,

Matthew Merikh

"Cherelle." He noticed where I was standing, "Don't do it!!" I frowned when I looked at him. Somehow it looked like he was approaching me with inhumane speed and the sight of that sent shivers down my spine. It was terrifying, it made me think if I had started hallucinating because of the exhaustion but that didn't make it any less scary and without a second thought, I leaped off the ledge letting myself fall to certain doom.

It was this or getting caught.

The shock of the cold water enveloped me, stealing my breath for a moment. I fought my way to the surface, gasping for air as I struggled to keep my head above the water surface but the storm was making it very difficult.

Yet I didn't fail to catch the sound of another splashing into the canal which told me he had followed.

***

>>Rameen

"You can't go out," My mother stopped me,

"I can," I protested, "And I will!"

"It's a weekday and you want to stay out partying?!?" She glared at me, "Absolutely not!" She pointed out the window, "There's a storm out there, why do you want to go out!"

"I'd like to see how you stop me!" I yelled at her, "I'm a teen, all my friends want to enjoy the rain so why can't I?"

"Why?" My mom's eyes got darker with anger, "Why do you always do this to me?" She glared at me, "Why can't you just listen to me?!?"

"Why would I listen to a weird ass person like you!!!" I yelled back at her and she came to block the front door.

"Try leaving," She said, "And it won't end well." She threatened me.

I backed away, "I wish you weren't my mom." My words made her eyes go wide and her expression went from angry to disappointed.

I turned around and ran towards the back door.

She didn't follow me or tried to stop me.