Home Sweet Home

CHASE

"So, how have you been in New York?" I asked.
"Well, actually not that great." Amaya replied.
"Why's that?"

"Too many unfortunate events." She said after taking a deep breath.
"What else happened. Other than your dad?" I asked again.
"Well- uh- I um..." Amaya stuttered "I overdosed."

My eyes widened at her comment; "You what?" I asked, I tried to trick my mind into thinking I heard her wrong.
"Overdosed."
"What?" I asked again, not believing my ears.
"Overdosed! O-V-E-R-D-O-S-E-D." she spelled out.

"I'm sorry." I said after a long, long moment. I looked her dead in the eyes when I said that.
"What for?" she went ahead and asked.
"I'm sorry I wasn't there to help you, though I doubt you wanted to see me."

"I uh- no." she said "It's okay."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"The doctors said that you can go home tomorrow!" my mom outburst when she came into my room and holding a paper in her hand, while doing a "winning" motion with her arms.

"Finally." I whispered to myself.

I've been laying down in an uncomfortable bed, barely getting up for several days. A few weeks have passed. I don't know how many, but it's many.

"God, how long have I been here?" I asked myself.
"Four weeks." Amaya answered.

I took a moment, just to admire her. She had come all the way from The States to Italy, saved my ass and stayed by my side in a hospital for four weeks.
I smiled brightly at her, she was sitting right next to me in her chair, looking down at me. Her hair was in a high yet loose ponytail, with shorter strands covering parts of her face. She also had a small smile on her lips. Peachy, juicy, big, soft-looking lips.

"Do you guys need a moment?" my mom asked. She was still standing by the door. I completely forgot she was here.
"No, we're-" but I got cut off.
"Yes, we would." Amaya interrupted "Please?"
"Okay. I'll be back soon." Mom said and then left the room.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Amaya and I had a heart-to-heart conversation about how we have been doing post our breakup.

And that was all I could think about all night.

I didn't get much sleep all night. But before I knew it, I was in a car with my sister, brothers and mother.
Amaya was nowhere to be found. But it was quite early still; 6 am. I guess she would be reasonable and be sleeping.

I ended up taking a nap on my mom's shoulder during the car ride. And then we arrived at her home.

"Ah," I sighed "home sweet home."

I tried to stretch, but I was quickly stopped by my mother. "Don't. You'll re-open your wounds and you'll be stuck in the hospital for another month!" she yelled with an Italian accent, which was something she always did when angry.

"When are we seeing Amaya?" I asked and silence took over.
"Uh, hello?" I asked, snapping my fingers in our presence.
"Honey, I," my mom began "Amaya left. Today morning. We dropped her off before coming to you." she explained.

"But...Why?" I asked.
"Well she had to get back to school Chase. One month is a long time!" she continued.

"But, she said she'd wait 'till I got better, and I was out of the hospital." I said.
"And she did." Eleanore replied.
"Chase," mom said "isn't that what she said yesterday? When you were alone?"

"No we were talking about something else." I said in more of a mumble.
"She told me last night, when she came back from the hospital she called me, asking if I could drop her at the airport." Eleanore explained.

"Oh." I said, feeling disappointment.

I didn't continue any conversation when I got a notification in my phone. It was from messages.
"You've got to be fucking with me." I said and rubbed my forehead aggressively.

"What?" Bryce asked and came up in front of me.
I showed him the picture and message I was sent.
"It's from Viccano." I said.

Basically, Vincenzo Viccano is a mafia leader, who is everyone's enemy. He has no friends. He also happens to be quite powerful. Vincenzo is both mine and Ivanov's enemy.
And he had sent me a picture of Mikhail Ivanov- Ivanov's only son. Who had been in prison for 12 years and had recently gotten released. He got caught murdering. But the court didn't have enough evidence to give him the life sentence.
In the picture, Mikhail was shot in the head and his eyeballs were missing, and I'm assuming he was naked, but you couldn't see anymore than his v-line.
And the message read: You're next.

Fuck, this drama never ends.

~HIS MAFIA AND HIS GIRL~

His Mafia And His GirlOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara