M e r c y

AMAYA'S POV

I was now in my room, thinking about the time I spent with Chase today. Did I say to much?

Thoughts raced through my mind, giving me worry. I have been here for a whole week. What if my dad needs me? What if he's dying? What if he's dead? What is my mom thinking? Do they think I've abandoned them? That I'm a selfish daughter?

I can't stay here anymore. Not mentally, physically.

As much as I have had a break from reality here, I need to go back. I need to.

The only thing I could think of was getting into a cold-ish shower to relax, and let the water wash over my thoughts. So that's what I did.

❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁

After the shower I got into some clothes and dried my hair. I didn't want to stay in again, so maybe asking someone to go for a coffee or something with me wouldn't be a bad idea.

I managed to find something cute, it wasn't really my style but I could make it work.

AMAYA'S OUTFIT

It was comfy and warm enough for the summer rain outside

I headed down my favourite stairs ever to find someone, anyone. I found Bryce, he had a huge smile on his face, while looking down at his phone.

Once he spotted me he spoke ;"What's up?"
"What are you doing?" I asked.
"I'm texting this girl that I really like." He said, his smile was back.

"Can I get some advice?" He asked me.
"Yeah, what do you need?"
"What does it mean when a girl says she's fine, but you know she has had a bad day?" He sounded hopeless.

"She's definitely not fine. Definitely. You can either come up with something to cheer her up, but make sure you don't make it worse. Otherwise you can just leave her alone, but she might hate you for that." I stated.

He looked even more confused ;" How will I know what's the best thing to do?" He asked.

I just shrugged and smiled, that's the thing about us women. You can fall into a trap, no matter what you do.

Bryce looked like he was busy with his little crush, so I let him be.

I went further into the house, I spotted Chase and Jack, leaning over a table, speaking with an unknown man. So I kept going.

Miss Victoria and Eleanore were nowhere to be found, so I asked one of the maids. It wasn't Tabitha this time, though.

I asked her where I could find them and she told me that Eleanore would be in her room. So I went upstairs.

In the hallway I tried guessing which room could be hers. I knocked on the first one, no answer, so I opened it only to find it empty.

So I tried another one, same thing. And so I tried a third one. "Come in!" A voice said, from the inside of the room, after I had knocked.

I opened the door and saw Eleanore, with Cielo on her lap. And a book in her other hand.

Speaking of books, I had read so many while being, because I had nothing else to do! I already finished two books in one week.

"Hey Amaya. Is something wrong?" She asked ;"I'm bored, wanna go somewhere?"

"I thought you would never ask!" She said, getting up.

She took me downstairs and we were going to put our shoes on, but then I realised, the only shoes I have are the heels I had at the party. Eleanore let me have a pair of hers, thankfully.

We got out of the house and into a car ;"Where are we going?" She asked, while pulling out of the garage  ;"We could go get coffee?" I reckoned.

❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁

Eleanore and I found ourselves in a cute little cafe. We found a nice seat and ordered our drinks. When the drinks arrived we began talking and gossiping.

"So, how has your time at our house been?" Eleanore asked ;"Honestly, it's been boring, and Chase and I have gotten into like two arguments." I replied.

"Yeah I know, he's annoying as hell." She said ;" I wonder how his girlfriend stood up with him."

Girlfriend? I didn't know he had a girlfriend?

"He has a girlfriend? Since when?" I asked, I felt myself being...jealous.

"He had a girlfriend" Eleanore addressed "they broke up a couple of months ago."

Eleanore leaned closer with a smirk on her face and said ;"To be honest, I never liked her. She was a bitch." I laughed with her.

Our conversations were about my school life, her Mafia life, animals, friends and so on. I had a great time. Such a great time that I didn't even realise how quickly time was passing.

"It's getting late, should we head home?" She asked.
"Mhm" We got up and into the car again.

"Do you know why Chase won't let me go home?" I asked her, maybe she had the answer to my questions.

"I wonder the same thing, we all do. But I guess he has gotten used to you." She stated.  The rest of the car ride was silent, and before I knew it we had arrived.

We stepped inside the empty house and I headed upstairs, into the hallway. When I reached my room I was surprised to spot Chase standing in there looking at his phone. What was he doing there? I asked myself.

"Where the fuck where you?" He yelled as soon as he saw me "I have been looking for you for twenty fucking minutes!" "I was out with Eleanore." I told him, keeping calm.

"Why didn't you tell me? I would have gone with you! His voice slightly softened ;"You don't own me, you know, I can do things without your permission." I scolded at him.

A smirk slowly grew on his face and he started walking towards me at that same pace. I began walking back, until I was about to hit the wall. I stopped an inch before hitting it.

Chase continued walking towards me. Once he reached me he leaned down to face me, his smirk still as wide as before.

"You are in my home. You are under my mercy, if I want to be merciless I may, and if I want to be merciful...I may." He stated

As if I didn't already know that.

~HIS MAFIA AND HIS GIRL~